jeffr
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Email.telstra.com webmsil outage??

Answered

there seems to be an outage on webmail at Email.telstra.com

Tried multiple devices, multiple pcs.

When attempting to view emails after logging in successfully, 

Error: This request took longer and timed out.

The number of emails statistic shows in the left hand My email list.

Intermittently the email header appeared. Now no emails appear on any device.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
11vsam
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Email.telstra.com webmsil outage??

I first encountered this issue yesterday.  Same today.  Occurring on my personal laptop & my work laptop.  Working as normal on my phone & ipad.

Very frustrated with the issue like everyone else.

Would be nice to get an update from Telstra!!!!!

View solution in original post

gjk2
Accepted Solution

I am having similar issues. I keep trying to get my emails and Telstra keep sending messages to my mobile saying they are having email server issues that are affecting some customers and are working on it, BUT THEY NEVER SEEM TO FIX IT. I keep trying to call different numbers but the recorded messages don't let you actually talk to someone.

Below is from a webpage.

Your service is interrupted

imageSrc
Email
We are aware there are currently problems for some customers using our email service. Most customers can still send and receive emails but others may be experiencing slow response times and time outs accessing their mailbox.
Sincere apologies for the frustration; it’s a complex technical issue we’re working to resolve as soon as we possibly can

What happened?

Under investigation. We're working to get service restored as early as possible.
attention
Outage confirmed
attention
Service to be restored

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
mummynow

You are not alone.  It is my business email address.  Now I can't link up my accountant.  No direct chat or contact to trouble shooting or technical support.  Calls re directed to message survice that sends you in a useless loop.  Have performed all the attached online checks and fixes.  Still no better.  It is supposed to have capacity for 10gig data and I have only used 3. This is an essential service!  WHY IS IT NOT PROPERLY MANNED??!  Duisgusting!  0 stars for this service. As soon as I get it working again, and because this is not the 1st time this has happened, all my mail will be forwarded to my reliable Gmail and I will not bother with Telstra webmail again.

Salopard
Level 1: Cadet

Well I’m disgusted with Telstra. Horrible service and now all day I can’t access any of my work emails. I went to the Telstra office and they just passed the buck. Once I get access to my emails, goodbye Telstra. I’ve given you too many chances over the years and nothing has changed. And I will not be paying my bill as this is 2 outages within a week. What a Joke. 

Natty76
Level 1: Cadet

I have had the same issue all day, reported it to their facebook page & no response there either.

Cant even see if they no of the issue as there are reported outages for webmail showing??

Typical Telstra Woman Frustrated

jeffr

I've also been on the Telstra 24 via my mobile to report the problem via the chat bubble in help.  I hope you all have too so they see that it is not user specific

11vsam
Accepted Solution

I first encountered this issue yesterday.  Same today.  Occurring on my personal laptop & my work laptop.  Working as normal on my phone & ipad.

Very frustrated with the issue like everyone else.

Would be nice to get an update from Telstra!!!!!

jeffr

Today they finally posted it as an outage, no known expected fix time.

jeffr

Mail server still problematic - 2 weeks later.  Cannot load emails.  Times out when attempting to display or searching for email. No known fix date.  Telstra really? 

jeffr

When is the update planned for?

attention
Update began
attention
Update to be complete
Dowser
Level 10: Junior Detective

It’s never detailed when it will be resolved.

gjk2
Accepted Solution

I am having similar issues. I keep trying to get my emails and Telstra keep sending messages to my mobile saying they are having email server issues that are affecting some customers and are working on it, BUT THEY NEVER SEEM TO FIX IT. I keep trying to call different numbers but the recorded messages don't let you actually talk to someone.

Below is from a webpage.

Your service is interrupted

imageSrc
Email
We are aware there are currently problems for some customers using our email service. Most customers can still send and receive emails but others may be experiencing slow response times and time outs accessing their mailbox.
Sincere apologies for the frustration; it’s a complex technical issue we’re working to resolve as soon as we possibly can

What happened?

Under investigation. We're working to get service restored as early as possible.
attention
Outage confirmed
attention
Service to be restored

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more