SLR2107
Level 1: Cadet

Gateway Pro 7610 issues

Answered

Does Telstra offer any other small business router other than the rebranded Netgear 7610 ?

I'm trying to segment the network behind the 7610 and the router appears to be incapable of dealing with this despite it having a static routes screen on the advanced pages.

It sort of works - the devices on the other subnets can talk to the 7610 so it's understanding that there are several internal subnets, but no one on those subnets can access the Internet.

One of the reasons for going with Telstra was 4G failover and voice calling in and out functioning over that 4G network when the NBN failed.

If I simply replace this Netgear with something that works like a little Cisco router, I lose the 4G fail over AND the voice phone services.

Is there any other router Telstra offers that supports 4G failover, 2 voice services that DOES handle multiple subnets behind the service ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Gateway Pro 7610 issues

Not on business services, only on Enterprise services.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: Gateway Pro 7610 issues

Not on business services, only on Enterprise services.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more