Darren558
Level 2: Rookie

Internet Drop Out

Answered

Hello,

We are experiencing continued drop outs with our NBN service for 07 xxxxxx77.  We are a motel and our guest need this to work.  Nobody responds to the message app when I phone.  We have been trying to contact someone for 5 days.  Can you please call my mobile to discuss on 040xxxxxx6,

<edited for privacy>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet Drop Out

You should have a information somewhere (on the Meraki or on the internet connection equipment/cabinet), of the service number and also a contact number in case of faults..  have you tried that? Although it has started working properly again, you may want to report it as a fault in case it happens again.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
SteveW_52

Hi, I understand your frustration. Unfortunately most of the members on this forum are just customers like you, trying to help others using prior knowledge and experience. i am not sure anyone from Telstra will see this message and call you, but you might not need that.

While it is not possible for us non Telstra type to access account details etc, there is likely to be some of us here with a skillset that can help you troubleshoot your problem and perhaps even result in a fix.

So, to start with can you describe your issue in a bit more detail:

- make and model of equipment you have installed?

- description of what the issue is, how does it affect people?

- is it just a Wi-Fi issue? or real internet dropout?

- what indicator lights show on the equipment (front and back)?

- any special configuration or equipment to suit the motel scenario?

- are you comfortable to do some troubleshooting?

- are you comfortable to access the modem from a computer and make changes (with assistance from this forum if you need it)?

Stevo 52
Darren558

Its a Meraki network system made for hotel use.  It has been dropping out a lot over the last 5 days.  Was super reliable before then.  

SteveW_52

OK, so the first thing is to try and determine if it is the Meraki box or the internet connection to it. Might be able to help with the latter but the former (Meraki) is probably a Telstra managed device. What model is the Meraki? 

Is the Meraki unit accessible to you? on the back panel there should be at least two connectors marked WAN/Internet? If there are cables connected into those, where do they go to? I am guessing to a modem/router? What is that device - make/model..  and are there indicator lights visible at  those connections?

Stevo 52
SteveW_52

@DanK  This post probably needs to go in the business area??  not sure how to do that or if I can.

Stevo 52
Darren558

Has come back for now. Thanks for your help.

SteveW_52

heck, I didn't do anything..  but I have tagged a Telstra person to maybe relocate this into the business section..  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

You should have a information somewhere (on the Meraki or on the internet connection equipment/cabinet), of the service number and also a contact number in case of faults..  have you tried that? Although it has started working properly again, you may want to report it as a fault in case it happens again.

Stevo 52

View solution in original post

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more