JW1366
Level 1: Cadet

IPECS ericsson/LG 9224D

If someone rings our office in error, instead of one of our other 2 office, HOW do i transfer the call to an external number without making the client hang-up and ring themselves?  There must be a code to use to transfer an external call to an external number?? We have the ericsson LG 9224 phone provided through Telstra,  with a number of extensions and cannot find any of the buttons work to the manual.  HELP!!!!! thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: IPECS ericsson/LG 9224D

I'm not sure that you can transfer to an external number. If the system is set up to facilitate that function, it would be a case of pressing the trans/PGM button and dialling the number.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
JW1366
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you - when I press that it asked for a password ?? Is there a standard password set up for telstra for this type of thing? Thanks

Jupiter

Unfortunately I don't know how they set up the systems, so no idea on the password (it is used to override the settings).

I have found a full user manual, and for call transfers, it says you can only transfer it to a number within the system. So if your offices used the same system across the offices (ie you could call someone using an extension number), then you would be able to transfer the call. If you have to dial an external number (eg 03 7010 9155) then it can't do it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - if your handset has a branded Telstra logo on it, you are using one of a variety of LG Ericsson Multi Platform Gateways, probably sold and installed by an Authorised Telstra Business Partner to your company, acting as an Agent on behalf of Telstra.  Some of these systems are capable of being deployed for multi-site networking and can act as stand alone gateways if the interconnection links go down. Rule of thumb is that external party transfers should not be allowed between two analog exchange PSTN lines, if they are still in use as the connection won't clear down.

If your business has Digital ISDN (if still in use) or VoIP Trunks that is OK. These units also support Mobile Extension by pre-dialling * before the extension number which rings the desk phone in parallel to the associated mobile phone at the same time. If you have that feature enabled, external transfer may or may not be enabled subject to the actual Gateway involved.

If your offices have virtual on demand interconnected links established via VoIP, you may need to pre-dial an access code for the remote office followed by receptionist's extension number so that your Gateway knows which office to send the call. I don't know why you would be challenged for a 'password' unless it is the Route number assigned to a remote office.

External Call Transfer to any full landline number was a standard feature on most telephone PBX and Key Systems systems 12 years ago, so it may be just matter of having your Telstra Business Partner confirm what applies with your Gateway. The Telstra Call Centre for Small Business should also be able to confirm if your system has the feature enabled and how to use it.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more