Mr101
Level 1: Cadet

Messagebank

I have just connected to the NBN

1) When I dial 101  or 125101   for messagebank on my corded phone connected to the green socket in the Telstra modem  it asks for a pin number to be set.

When I enter a number and # it asks me again as if it is not recognising the numbers.

I have confirmed my new phone to be 'nbn compatible'.

How do I set a pin number ?

2) Telstra seems to have given us two phone numbers.  One is what the landline used to be  , this seems fair enough but the second number appears on our bill and will also ring the corded phone.  When you dial in from outside and let the line ring out a default message answers which says its the 2nd number.

Is this 2nd number somehow related to getting messagebank to work (or not) ?  Could someone explain to me how this is meant to work and more importantly answer question 1 above so I can actually set a greeting and check messages on messagebank.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
OllieW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Messagebank

Hi Mr101, cheers for flagging this.

Best bet to get these sorted will be to reach out to our support team here:  https://tel.st/qnvsc

Sing out if there's any trouble.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more