Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

New NBN Connection no internet

Answered

An NBN technician came and installed a new NBN modem but I can't connect with the internet.  All lights are blue on the gateway and green on the NBN box.  I have reset both several times but still have no internet connection.  Telstra were supposed to visit a couple of days after the NBN technician but they never came.  Are Telstra supposed to do something to enable this connection?  I don't seem to have the old ADSL anymore. I also can't connect via a laptop directly to the NBN to check the settings.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: New NBN Connection no internet

I think it’s HFC connection. It’s a business package at my home and the same equipment as another business address we have. It’s not connected to a phone line. 
I don’t have a phone at home and we only use it for wifi & Foxtel. I will try logging into the modem

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Jupiter - just an update. I used the help chat. I got a reply saying they were going off-shift and someone else would help. (Didn’t hear from anyone else). I gave all the order numbers, name & address etc.  Can you believe that it miraculously started working 😳. I had reset it all a hundred times before to no avail.  I wonder if someone enabled the account from their end?  Anyway - thanks for the assist. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

It sounds like you are using an older Gateway modem, as the new one's only have one light that can go blue (the front LED).

Are you on an FTTC connection by any chance? The NBN box will be plugged in to the phone socket if that's the case.

You may need to log in to the Telstra modem and enter your Login details in to the Broadband Connection page (it could be set with newdsluser@bigpond.com).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Accepted Solution

I think it’s HFC connection. It’s a business package at my home and the same equipment as another business address we have. It’s not connected to a phone line. 
I don’t have a phone at home and we only use it for wifi & Foxtel. I will try logging into the modem

Highlighted

It may be that the service hasn't been provisioned on the Telstra side of things yet.

Try giving 132000 a call. Otherwise, if you have the My Telstra app on your phone, you can send a message via the icon at the bottom right of the Help screen.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks - I wondered whether there is something that Telstra need to do.  I have tried ringing several times but can never get through.  I also can't see an icon to send a message via the app?

Highlighted

If you click on Help, then there should be an icon that looks like this

Highlighted

Thanks found the message icon and will give it a go

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Jupiter - just an update. I used the help chat. I got a reply saying they were going off-shift and someone else would help. (Didn’t hear from anyone else). I gave all the order numbers, name & address etc.  Can you believe that it miraculously started working 😳. I had reset it all a hundred times before to no avail.  I wonder if someone enabled the account from their end?  Anyway - thanks for the assist. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

@Golferlady wrote:

An NBN technician came and installed a new NBN modem but I can't connect with the internet.  All lights are blue on the gateway and green on the NBN box.  I have reset both several times but still have no internet connection.  Telstra were supposed to visit a couple of days after the NBN technician but they never came.  Are Telstra supposed to do something to enable this connection?  I don't seem to have the old ADSL anymore. I also can't connect via a laptop directly to the NBN to check the settings.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more