Louise2021
Level 1: Cadet

NO ADSL, NO NBN What alternatives are there? can I connect to Telstra Air ? or alternative?

Like many others out there,  my ADSL was disconnected and I am waiting months for nbn connection.

Is there any alternative that I can use? I'm using my hotspot on phone and will get exorbitant bills no doubt.  I am self employed, run 2 businesses and rely on internet.

Seems ridiculous that so many find themselves in this situation in 2021 ?!?

And its impossible to even call Telstra to ask them if there is an alternative because they cut you off and send you links which doesn't work without internet

Willing to look at any solution; any provider.

Located in rural area with 3G / 4G (or nothing at times).  no 5G

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NO ADSL, NO NBN What alternatives are there? can I connect to Telstra Air ? or alternative?

What town are you in/near? I can have a look and see who is operating in the area (if any).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Louise2021

Re: NO ADSL, NO NBN What alternatives are there? can I connect to Telstra Air ? or alternative?

Berry NSW

Louise2021

nbn is available, its just the wait for Telstra to connect that is the issue...

Jupiter

Then it's a case of placing an order and waiting for NBN Co to do the connection. There aren't really any other options since the ADSL was switched off in October 2020 (you should have asked to be migrated in June 2020 and then you should have been switched over before the cutoff - there was 18 months notice).

There aren't really any other options.

If you place an order and Telstra gives you a Smart Modem, you may be able to use the 4G backup in the meantime.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Louise2021

Yep, have modem so will try that.  Yep, been trying for a while to get it connected.  

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more