The-Tastiger
Level 4: Private Eye

PTR Record Telstra Business

Does anyone know whom do I have to speak to in order to get PTR records added. I'm trying to avoid IPv6 rejections but noone seems to know what I am talking about.

Spoiler
Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command)

I finally got access to my Custdata / Reverse DNS but it won't let me make any changes to the IPV6 settings, I get this message

Spoiler
Reverse DNS update for IPv6 additional LAN ranges is unavailable. Kindly contact us at 13 29 99 or use the Report A Fault function in Custdata for any assistance with regard to Reverse DNS updates. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Of course I reported the problem, but nothing has been done to rectify the problem and the whole setup looks a bit like gobblygook to me as well.

Any advice / assistance appreciatted

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: PTR Record Telstra Business

Unfortunately it is a specialized backend team that looks after this and the two contact methods are those that you have in your post.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
The-Tastiger
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: PTR Record Telstra Business

Keep trying I guess, I would have thought that something as important to business as PTR's they would have more people in the know, but sadly not.

Never found anyone on 13 29 99 who knows what I am talking about.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more