Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Ring Central

Im trying to set up two new office phones via Ring Central. Have gone though all their settings and even their Tech Support. I get to a stage where the handset tells me Duplicate IP. The Tech Support from Ring Central says its to do with the Router Software and that I need to contact Telstra. I have been trying to get tech support for the last hour but they keep saying to go to Crowd Support??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Ring Central

The Telstra consultants aren't going to be able to assist.

What did the Ring Central Tech Support say was the actual problem? Without knowing that, it's going to be difficult to assist with the problem.

Also, what is the model number of your Telstra modem?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Jupiter. 

Ring Central spent a while via Team Viewer and came to the diagnosis of

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/Error-Duplicate-IP-Address-on-one-device-in-Network-Phone-...

Basically he said that the routers software is causing the problem giving the handset the same IP address of something else on the network.

We had a look at all the devices connected to the network and couldn't find the duplicate.

The modem is Arcadyan LH1000 with the firmware 0.11.11r which is apparently the latest. 

Highlighted

There are 2 possible solutions.

The first one would be to log in to the modem and go to Advanced->Devices and set Static IP addresses for each of the phones.

The second method would be to set a static IP address in the settings of each of the phones (which you could then mirror in the modem's settings).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more