MiBr13
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Biz Essentials connection nightmare

I really dont know how Telstra stays afloat as a business. 

They are the most unorganised, non communicative and forgetful company i have ever known

Being an ABN holder Telstra rang me on Oct 4 and convinced me to leave Optus home phone and TPG internet for a Biz Essentials package with a $200 credit and on a package of $100 per month.

They promised the world, Connection within 3 weeks, fast uploads and downloads and i can have 2 months free with there $200 credit.

Naturally this sounded great and said yeah lets do it.  (what a mistake)

They were quick on changing my land line to Telstra from Optus.

I notified my ISP that i was cancelling my service, as i need to provide 30 days notice.

After 30 days, MY internet was disconnected and i had heard nothing from Telstra on my connection.

In the mean time i had received a full bill of $125. ($100 for a Biz essentials package i dont have and the remainder on phone calls to my Telstra mobile that were supposed to be free)

I had to ring 3 times and no one could help me as my order was not found. (happy to bill me though for a product i dont have)

On my 4th call i was told they recreated my order for the business broadband and it will take over 2 weeks for me to get internet.  

This is when i flipped as i was to run my business with no internet for over 2 weeks. They then took a few days and put me on a standard residentila snail paced adsl internet until they could get my Business Broadband connected.

Two weeks later i call them for an update as my temp solution sucked with bad speeds and crappy upload speeds.

They told me all was ok with my current situation as i have internet.\

I then Explained it was not what i bought and on further investigation by them, dicovered they could not locate my order for Business Broadband.  I am now on a wait for another 2 weeks for business broadband.

I am flatly refusing to pay any bills from them as they cant provide hat they promised and the $200 credit i was promised when i signed uup is also lost somewhere. (I'll make them go back to there recorded tapes to get this one)

Along with all the above calls, what annoyed me more than anything is that no one knew about my last call and my situation, so i had to explain my issue over 10 times and every time they wanted my email address. 

One pissed off customer

Mike 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Biz Essentials connection nightmare

Hi MiBr13

Sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble with this transfer, it's certainly not the level that we would expect and I am sincerely sorry.

I can definitely to help get this sorted with our Business team, so I will send you a PM to grab some more details. We can get this sorted from there.

Thanks for your patience and I am confident we'll have this sorted soon.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MiBr13

Don't think posting your understanding of my issue and offer of assistance will help.
You have a whole company of people out there who can't even keep an email address in there system
Thanks for the meaningless offer
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi MiBr13, 

Could it hurt to let us try and help you though? 

It's obviously very important to you, and important enough that you've taken the time to post here to let us know. 

So why not take a couple more minutes to send through your information. 

We may actually surprise you

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

MiBr13

Have not received any PM ?
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I've just sent one through to you, see if you get that one :-) 

MiBr13

Got a call from Telstra today 2 days after this chapter of my issue.

I was in a meeting and asked if they could call me back.

They said sure, in an hour.

Surprise Surprise.  No Return call

Though i am not surprised.  At least bitching about telstra here gives me some comfort

Go anyone except Telstra

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more