Luke_AIT
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra DNS propogation

Hi all. A bit desperate here, so I'm hoping someone can assist. We have quite a few customers on Telstra Business Internet conenctions, Telstra mobile connections etc.

We recently made an IP address change to the server hosting our clients' websites. This occurred about 24 hours ago. Since then, all ISP DNS servers have updates except Telstra's. So nobody hosted with us who has any Telstra or Bigpond connection can access their email.

I've tried calling all the Telstra and Bigpond numbers but nobody can assist. My calls go to 1st line support and they don't even know what I'm talking about! They keep wanting a Telstra account number before they will help me. I've spent literally hours on the phone trying to get through, but they don't even know where to direct me! They don't know who their DNS team is...

So I was hoping someone here would know how to get in contact with the DNS team at Telstra so I can send a request for them to update their DNS records.

I really appreciate in advance any assistance anyone can provide.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra DNS propogation

Hey Luke_AIT,

We should be able to assist with this fault, but as you can imagine we'll need more indepth details about the account and the IP addresses. I'll send you a PM to grab those details Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more