Liquidsnow
Level 1: Cadet

URGENT DNS support

Much like the previous post and others on this page.

I am having the same issue as reported by a number of people in this thread: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Business-Broadband-Solutions/DNS-Propagation/td-p/58610.

Yesterday (March 16th 2017 at about 2pm) we moved our website from one hosting provider to another. As part of this process we updated the nameservers with our domain registrar. The new nameservers should take 20 minutes to 4 hours to 'propagate' through the internet i.e. for all the ISP's to realise that the nameservers have changed and update their cached records. Once they have propagated everyone should be able to see the new website at the new location.

However, as reported in the above thread, Telstra Bigpond hasn't updated their records and so all Bigpond customers are still being directed to the old server.

There is no resolution in the above thread - several techs have mentioned TTL but that is definitely not the issue. As I mentioned, every other ISP we have tested is pointing to the correct web host.

Our website is https://www.liquidsnowtours.com and we are a testra Big Pond and Digital business customer could a tech support please look into this ASAP. Regards

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: URGENT DNS support

I like your site. Can't help with the DNS issue though.

You need to fix a typo on the About Us page otherwise you might end up in an immigration detention centre Smiley Wink

You have yourselves down as a "registered Australien company". Might want to probe that one.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Liquidsnow

Thanks Jupiter. 

Liquidsnow

When we can access the site we will be able to fix Smiley Wink 

ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

@Jupiter wrote:

I like your site. Can't help with the DNS issue though.

You need to fix a typo on the About Us page otherwise you might end up in an immigration detention centre Smiley Wink

You have yourselves down as a "registered Australien company". Might want to probe that one.

They should correct much more... Under "Confidence" they claim "Liquid Snow Tours is a licensed travel agent and tour operator (Vic. 32732), registered Australien company and member of the Travel Compensation Fund."

There is no Travel Compensation Fund in Australia...

I don't have any confidence at all... Would not buy anything from them...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Liquidsnow

Correct the TCF was wound up in 2015, we were however a member for 5 years prior to this.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, however the issue we are trying to fix here is a DNS issure relating to Telstra. 

ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

@Liquidsnow wrote:

Correct the TCF was wound up in 2015, we were however a member for 5 years prior to this.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, however the issue we are trying to fix here is a DNS issure relating to Telstra. 

Correct! But you are not the member now - so, you are fibbing...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more