Olek
Level 2: Rookie

Why won't you answer your phones?

I called last saturday because I have a client who's email account is suspended, nobody answers except for that smug recording you have, I get sent a link to start a chat, still awaiting a reply two days later.

Today I attend a client's business, they want to upgrade from ADSL2 to NBN, I call Telstra business, get the same recording, another link to chat, this time however I get a response....after 20 minutes, I provide the information they asked, 15 minutes later a response for some more info, no problem, I provide the info, have now been waiting for a response for the last 2 hours.

I'll also add I have been waiting for a personal NBN issue to be resolved since May.

What is your problem Telstra? you must be aware that you cannot possibly catch covid over the phone? your call centre staff can be spaced 1.5 meters just like our schools are, what's your excuse for providing zero support yet demanding money when a bill is a few days overdue.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Why won't you answer your phones?

They are still running on reduced staffing as a large proportion of their staff were based overseas and still cannot return to work due to government restrictions there.

By 2022, all call center staff will be based in Australia.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Olek
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Why won't you answer your phones?

Great news about bringing jobs back, biggest complaint from my clients dealing with Telstra is inability to understand your call staff.

However we cannot wait till 2022 for a resolution to our issues.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more