Spineboyak04
Level 2: Rookie

WiFi calling not working on NBN Telstra Smart Business modem but works on Telstra Home NBN

Using same Samsung S10 mobile handset, WiFi calling works on  Telstra Home NBN modem but DOES NOT WORK on Telstra Smart Business NBN modem? 

Is there a different setting on the Telstra Smart Business NBN modem.

Firewalls already turned off.

Telstra support was not helpful.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: WiFi calling not working on NBN Telstra Smart Business modem but works on Telstra Home NBN

There is a related FAQ page on the subject of WiFi Calling, that makes the point:

For your modem to support Wi-Fi Calling it will need to have:
1. IPSec pass-through feature (enabled) and;
2. Certificate Fragmentation support.

Also, Telstra recommend using Telstra DNS for best results (to assist in the location based services)

Spineboyak04

Re: WiFi calling not working on NBN Telstra Smart Business modem but works on Telstra Home NBN

Thank you. I'll have a look at the settings. 

jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

Were you able to get Wi-Fi calling online there @Spineboyak04 ?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mkrtich

Hi - have you had it working before on the Telstra S.B.M. or is it the first time you have attempted to use the feature? Some recent posts had Wi-Fi Calling not working on the  Arcadyan variant of the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 that model after a firmware upgrade - in one case a Factory Reset fixed the problem - have you tried that? In another case it mysteriously worked after a few weeks of failure which possibly pointed to a Telstra Network issue. 

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/modems-hardware/discussion-arcadyan-firmware-update-notes/m-p... 

As a matter of interest, what is the Telstra Home NBN modem?

Spineboyak04

No. It did not work... Enabled IPSec was already on.  I cannot find the Certificate Fragmentation support

Still no wifi calling available

What is the Telstra DNS setting?

Spineboyak04

I am using the Black Telstra Smart Business Modem at my office which is where I have the problem with wifi calling, 

At,home, I have the white Arcadyan modem, and the wifi calling is working 

I am using the same Samsung S10 at the two different sites

PLEASE help

Dowser

@Spineboyak04 wrote:

Still no wifi calling available

What is the Telstra DNS setting?

If you set up the DNS Settings manually you can find the recommended settings for your state on the webpage

Dowser

The Telstra Gateway Pro is a Netgear V7610 (rebranded).

I found a thread where WiFi Calling was not working on a Netgear C7800, and the fix was
Disabling SIP ALG (Session Initiation Protocol Application Layer Gateway).

I found a Netgear KB article that explains how to achieve that.

(Hopefully the settings interface is similar on the V7610)

To access that configuration page you can look at section 3.2 of the online User Guide  for the Telstra Gateway Pro.

Give it a try.

Mkrtich

In the WiFi Calling FAQ there is an exclusion statement - for your Business Service, is it ADSL or NBN and are you a Telstra Digital Office Technology (DOT) subscriber and use the cloud based Call Manager suite to control the service? In the V7610, the ALG setting is under the Security heading and with the modem off-line it shows the SIP option as Disabled on Default. It may be different in an on-line state.

Both previous posts had problems with Wi-Fi Calling on ADSL services.

Is my mobile service compatible if I have the following Business products: Call Select, Call Manager and/or Mobile VPN? Telstra HD Calling, Telstra Video Calling, Telstra WiFi Calling & Telstra Messaging are not compatible with these services.

Gssoftvic
Level 1: Cadet

I have exactly the same issues and still not solved 

Please help

Dowser

Have you tried the settings changes mentioned above?.

Spineboyak04

Currently, I do not see an option to disable the SIP ALG.

So, do I disconnect the modem from the NBN connection and then connect to setup to disable the SIP ALG?

Mkrtich

My apology for not checking further and confusing matters by not expressing my reply better. You don't need to disconnect the modem from the NBN connection and I think the V7610 has SIP ALG Disabled by default.

I didn't connect one of my test V7610 modem's on line, I just logged into it locally so wasn't sure if the same result would show up if it was direct connected on line to the NBN. The V 2.2.2.32 firmware and I assume previous versions do not display a SIP ALG option. 

Unfortunately, the test modem I used has hidden elements of Netgear menus shown and that is why I can see the SIP ALG Disabled in Default. The standard menu structure shipped for Telstra customers does not show SIP ALG option and I should have checked that on another test unit before posting. This morning I put both modems on line linked to the NBN  via my primary Arcadyan modem. 

Standard Menu - Advanced/ALG/ALG Services - FTP, H323, PPTP, IPSec - all Enabled

Netgear Menu - Advanced/ALG/ALG Services - FTP, H323, TPTP, PPTP, IPSec, SIP - all Enabled excluding SIP which is Disabled.

You indicated  that Telstra Support was not helpful - would you consider asking to be connected to Telstra Platinum Support - there is no charge if the fault is within Telstra equipment or the Network. 

Dowser

You can call Telstra Business NBN Technical Support on 132000. all day, every day.

Source

Gssoftvic

I have an exaclty similar problem 

my phone connects to wifi calling while on telstra smart modem ( Residintial white ) at home 

however can't get it working while using Telstram Smart Business Modem ( Black one) at office 

Honestly tried to call NBN Technical support today, but could not get any real support other than restarting the model and make a factory rest to the modem Smiley Sad 

I tried to connect NBN WAN line directly into Asus Modem bypassing the Business Black modem , then Wifi calling works 

Therefore the problem is 100% with in V7610 Modem , 

Please assist if any one got a solution 

Thanks 

Please advice guys if you have any solution 

Dowser

You guys are paying for a service and deserve to be supported.

I would be phoning the Support number and speaking to a supervisor.

As a plan B, contact your nearest Telstra Business Centre and ask for assistance.

Gssoftvic

Thank , but honestly I waste enough time talking to support today and could not reach anywhere, 

They know basic troubleshooting

I would like to hear from you guys in the fourm is someone able to fix this issue. 

Dowser

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately I do not have one of those modems so I cannot test it myself.

I did ask at a Telstra Store, and they suggested that you raise a complaint.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more