Suzyq123
Level 2: Rookie

Will 12250 quad DECT cordless phone work on NBN?

Hi, I haven't got a home phone plan, only internet plan so can't try them. Its a 4 set, base one with answering machine. I want to sell them but not sure they work on NBN

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Will 12250 quad DECT cordless phone work on NBN?

All NBN plans come with a phone service as part of it.

It will work on an NBN service, you plug the base station into the Green Phone port on the modem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Suzyq123
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks. Yes I know all NBN services come with a phone service..if you choose that as part of your plan, I just didn't choose it, I also read somewhere that not all DECT phones work, so wasn't sure on that part

Jupiter

You don't have to chose to have it as part of your plan. All NBN Services include a landline regardless, it's the cost of the calls that you choose as part of the plan. Telstra don't have any plans that don't include a phone service on the NBN.

You are correct that not all DECT phones work, but that is where you are connecting them (via DECT) to the modem rather than their basestation (which plugs into the modem).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more