Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can I use my existing phones with my new DOT (Digital Office Technology)™ solution?

I am considering moving over to DOT but do not know if my existing equipment is capable. Any advice?

There are two types of phones used as part of DOT, Digital Phones (used in the Office) and Mobile Phones.

- Digital Phones
As DOT provides voice calls over the internet we recommend you use one of our new Digital Phones. These new phones are designed to work with your new router to give you a fantastic voice experience and make it easy for you to use all the features of your new Digital Voice service. You can use an existing cordless phone with your new DOT solution, however it will require some set-up which we will do for you. Just let us know when ordering.

- Mobile Phones
You can use an existing mobile phone with your new DOT Mobile plan or Unified plan, but if the mobile handset does not have Microsoft Activesync capability you will not be able to use all the features of the Microsoft Exchange Online email service provided as part of DOT. All the mobile phones available for purchase with DOT have the Microsoft ActiveSync feature.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more