Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Help choosing small business phone / internet / VOIP solution

A friend of mine is relocating his business to a new factory. He has an existing Biz Essentials internet pack, two land lines (main reception and fax) , Office 365 for email / domain hosting. 3 mobile phones all with Telstra.

Their phone landline usage is not a lot, however it is essential to their business. Approximately 20 incoming and 20 outgoing calls per day on the land line.

In moving to a new location, I am hoping to find a more flexible telephony configuration.

Specifically, the receptionist works a couple of days per week from home. At present she can connect to her PC in the office, and use email / accounting package. It would be great if she could have a VOIP phone at home which she can log into and receive calls coming into their main office number.Also, features like hold and forwarding on the phone to transfer calls to employees mobiles. Also a more secure VPN solution would be handy.

They also would like a few (3) phone handsets in the office and the factory area, with the ability to forward calls between extensions. However as their call usage quite low, not having to buy a full landline service for each handset would be a bonus.

Also, they need a fax line.

I am not entirely sure which Telstra products would be able to do this. Perhaps DOT?

It would be great if some helpful people on here could give me some guidance. I am authorised to speak to Telstra regarding their account, so I am happy to speak to someone directly.

I have come here to ask for help, as I had a nasty experience with a Telstra call centre worker in the Philippines. So I am reluctant to speak with them again.

Also, the spell check oh this forum does not recognise 'Telstra or VOIP'

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Help choosing small business phone / internet / VOIP solution

While I am not able to make a recommendation specifically here, we can definitely look at this for you ensure you get the right option. 

If you have existing services we can review the current usage and find solution to help with all of this. I recommend getting in touch with us on 132000 to speak with our Business Team.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more