Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

landline call transfers to a different location

My client has a motel in a remote part of Australia.  He has a Telstra landline at the motel.

Let's say the motel is called the Acme Motel.

It is a small motel and he often isn't in the office and there is no mobile reception.

A friend of his who owns the ABC Motel in a city has offered to handle his enquiries and take bookings as well as look after his own motel business at the same time.

When people ring the Acme Motel the call will be answered by his friend at the ABC Motel but my client wants the phone answered "Hello.  Acme Motel"

This arrangement would be fairly permanent so he doesn't want to accrue significant call forwarding costs.

Any suggestions for the best solution for my client?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: landline call transfers to a different location

The owner of ABC Motel could add a multiline to an existing fixed line service and the Acme Motel can call forward on no answer to this new number. forwarded calls to the new Multiline number will have a different ring to normal calls to the prime.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: landline call transfers to a different location

Hi johnno123456,

I'd suggest to get in touch with our 24x7 business team on 132000 to discuss what option would suit this scenario best. 

If you're not listed on the account, you may need to get your client to call themselves or add you on as a contact  so you can speak on their behalf

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more