Pella1857
Level 2: Rookie

Customer service for Aged clients

Does Telstra have a dedicated team to assist senior Customers? 

There are Aged citizens who need customer service staff who have an understanding of dealing with senior customers. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Customer service for Aged clients

For your information, Telstra are a member of the Tech Savvy Seniors program which provides online training for seniors.

They state on their information page:

Delivered in partnership with State governments

We’re partnering with Government to give seniors, particularly those in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia, the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence needed to use technology. 

- Those programs are listed at https://www.courses.com.au/seniors/tech-savvy/

The NSW Government information page is at https://www.training.nsw.gov.au/ace/tech_savvy_seniors.html

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

I have to agree that Telstra doesn't do a great job of helping their aged customers who have little knowledge of the modern tech. I assist quite a few of them in aged care facilities and even simple issues with devices and services become major ones, because the Customer Service people talk in riddles, the Codi chatbot cause palpitations - mostly due to very poor communication skills at the Telstra end.

On rare occasions there is a person who has the patience to deal with the elderly WITHOUT dealing with multiple other customers at the same time.

Making elderly customers use the My Telstra app for any dealings with Telstra is just plain cruel from what I have witnessed and some of the up selling of service and devices borders on criminal. The recent fine for Telstra dealings with indigenous customers can have parallels found in our elderly population as well.

How to fix it? that's a hard one..  but I just keep talking to people about it and occasionally lodge (actually wording them is more correct) complaints on their behalf against bad customer support, attitude and dodgy practices and lack of appropriate support for the elderly.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Yeahnahmaybe
Level 1: Cadet

Lol, Telstra doesn’t have a dedicated team to help any customers! Tried talking to them recently? Good luck….

SteveW_52

I talk to them quite often, simple questions/comments, one subject at a time - painful but it gets results

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Dowser

@Yeahnahmaybe wrote:

Lol, Telstra doesn’t have a dedicated team to help any customers! Tried talking to them recently? Good luck…

That is quite a cynical response.

Telstra have dedicated teams to assist people with disabilities, and also those suffering Domestic and Family Violence.

They also provide Priority Assistance to people with life threatening medical conditions.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit