Alanray
Level 2: Rookie

Delays on 132200

I am extremely disappointed with the almost 1.5 hours of being on hold, only to be disconnected at the end and now having to restart this nightmare once more. 
I had hoped earlier today I could visit the local Telstra Shop however, even though the service was polite and respectful, they were unable to assist me due to the red tape Telstra has in place. In the end I am advised to ring the 132200 to try and get Stay Connected. 
I would have thought in this changing CoVid world Telstra would have adapted and put more staff on or something however here I am going on almost 2hrs now still waiting to be answered. 
Not good Telstra. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Delays on 132200

StayConnected was discontinued as a product at the end of June and you should have been migrated to Upgrade and Protect. If you are needing to get a phone repaired, or you want to Upgrade your device, see How do I upgrade or replace my device? | Telstra Support for information.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Alanray

I finally got through (oh and the Telstra Store Person said Stay Connected) and answered the questions at technical support. He was then, in his words transferring me to stay connected and so I was on hold again. Then the phone went quite and then AGAIN disconnected. This is freaking bad bad service. I have been waiting nearly 3hrs and then cut off. I would expect some one now ring me back to follow up or is that to much to wish for. 
so I have to step out soon but I will have to go through this all

over again. Definitely not a happy customer today. 

Alanray

Ugh not answered. Tapped wrong button. 
escalate this complaint 

Jupiter

I have unmarked your post as answered.

If you want to lodge a complaint, fill out the form at https://telstra.com/complaints

It will take around 5 business days for you to get an initial response from a Complaints Manager.

Crowdsupport is primarily a customer to customer forum and the Telstra staff who moderate this forum cannot access account information.

And you normally won't get a call back if your call to 132200 is dropped. Callbacks generally only occur if you get a really good consultant on the Faults team.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Alanray

Thanks I will do that. Once more on the phone and after speaking to some lady this time I’m transferred to billing and am on hold once more. 
Frustrating all these calls. 
so the only way to go is to sign a new contract to get a replacement. I feel like I am being forced to be indentured to Telstra. 
still waiting 

Jupiter

Well, that is what is written into the terms and conditions of both StayConnected and Upgrade and Protect (which I'm sure you've read - only kidding, I know 99% people never read the terms and conditions and then act all surprised when they find out what they are).

It's not an "insurance policy".

Alanray

Wanted to close this out with the aftermath of this dilemma. At the end I just decided to cancel my ongoing contract which I felt was restrictive for my interests. At the end of the month I will be contract free. I intend to visit the Apple store and see if they can either (a) fix the device at a reasonable price or (b) offer a trade in price and will buy out right a handset. I will before then investigate the Telcos and see which has the better package that suits me to switch to. 
I will give credit to the last operator I spoke to “Nick” who was helpful, polite and courteous to this old man who was pretty heated by the time I got put on to him. He even mentioned my internet was to increase by $5 next month, offering unlimited data and higher speeds which also set me off as I am on FtN and out in the country so what I have is it. Why pay more for the same service. He did say he would look into it so I will see next month. 
Anyways, this experience was not a good one, the time on the phone, the disconnects (only Nick called me back and was apologetic) left me greatly disappointed with this. 
I do hope they up their game. 
thanks @@Jupiter for the advice .

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

What you and most people experience is Telstra's new form of  "customer service"  which is disgraceful.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit