Level 1: Cadet

Does anyone know how to get through to Telstra at the moment?

I understand there is a global pandemic however I do not understand how Telstra have a significantly reduced workforce and not accepting calls?? 

Most other organisations have transitioned to working from home so they can continue to provide a service for their customers. Telstra of all companies should be able to do this easily. 

Every time I phone Telstra the automated service hangs up and sends a text to find out the information online. Some of their online services are not working properly and I am sick of talking to robots. 

Does anyone know how we can get through to Telstra? I have been a customer for many many years and never had this much trouble getting assistance (& mind you I am looking at purchasing more services from them which is seemingly hard to do at the moment!)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Does anyone know how to get through to Telstra at the moment?

Hi @2482 

Due to the temporary COVID-19 support issues, it is best at this time to chase it up via the My Telstra app, use the "Get Help" icon at the bottom of the screen and leave a message. That will go in a queue and be answered as soon as they can.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mytelstra

More information on how to leave a message via the My Telstra app can be found at
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t...

Note: If Codi (Chat system) keeps going around in circles type "Talk to a consultant"

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Level 21: Augmented

That works unless you have a Pixel 4 running in Dark Mode.. then you won't be able to see what you are entering..  :-(

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Level 1: Cadet

Hi there 

Thanks for your response- there are no consultants available through the 24/7 chat and I tried the app however I only get a reply at 4am and then they continue to take forever to respond. It must put me back to the start of the queue each response. 

The service at the moment is simply, not good enough. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit