Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Email not getting through from reliable source

I rely on receiving my utilities' invoices via email.  As per normal I had recently received sms messages from Origin to say invoices had been emailed to me.  I didn't receive them.  I contacted Origin and they sent them while I was online and they still didn't come.  Origin said it was not their end and I should talk to Telstra which would be good if I could find a number to contact.  I use the App and it tells me all is well with my email which it isn't.  I have not changed anything.  Could someone:

1. Advise if they know a solution

2. How I can access spam mail - I hear that Telstra simply takes any suspect emails offline and I can't workout how to access spam through my Outlook account 

3. Advise if it is at all possible to actually talk to someone at Telstra.

If not fixed this situation has serious implications if I don't pay my invoices.

Many thanks

Avidray

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Email not getting through from reliable source

Have tried using a browser and checking the junk folder at Telstra Webmail?

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

https://outages.telstra.com/#/

Origin will be a bit lenient with your bill if you tell them you haven't received your bill because of the outage - they were wonderful for that during the height of Covid..

I have also helped a couple of people deal with this by tweaking their email client (not Webmail) with a longer timeout for the offending email accounts - it is NOT a fix, but gives a reduced number of error messages and more time to connect to the server and download

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

Thanks cf4.  I looked and there was nothing in the junk folder.

Avidray

Highlighted

Thanks SteveW_52

Origin are onside.  No problems.  It just means I can no longer rely on Telstra to deliver these important documents and will need to revert to Plan B.

Thanks for your feedback

Avidray

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Just in case, you could try adding the Telstra mail to your white list on Webmail..  once you log in, got to settings..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Origin should have told you to download the My Origin app so that you can access your bills directly through that. It is an excellent backup to have as it also gives you a reminder on your phone when it is due.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit