Level 21: Augmented

Familiar names

No doubt we'll see some familiar names pop up, I use the same screen name on all forums, I notice plenty of others do as well, trolls tend to change names a lot but I suspect the types of people that you want to have participate here are likely to be contributors elsewhere as well

For me I tend to check in on forums quite a lot and tend to look in on sections that I'm most familiar or interested in, so for myself in other forums I frequent that would mean

iPhone

Android

Mobile

Wireless Broadband

ADSL

VoIP

Network

Hardware

ISP's

Carriers

And usually anything news or annoucement related so I expect there might be some crossover here with some of those

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Familiar names

Hi mate!

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the Community!

The Cookie Monster is pretty much the best avatar.

- Scott

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 20: Director

I can't believe I missed this thread.......

Welcome Jokiin!

Enjoy.

@ScottBarratt wrote:

Hi mate!

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the Community!

The Cookie Monster is pretty much the best avatar.

- Scott

Thanks, some other avatar options (including no avatar) probably wouldn't go astray Smiley Wink if you want to make it a bit more inviting for all that is

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Extreame wrote:

I can't believe I missed this thread.......

Welcome Jokiin!

Enjoy.

yes me too, there I was crying in my beer, wondering why I hadn't been noticed Smiley Tongue

Hopefully the acceptance is good once this goes public, a good initiative I feel, something I never would have expected to see happening a year or two ago that's for sure

Level 7: Deputy Inspector

@jokiin wrote:
 a good initiative I feel, something I never would have expected to see happening a year or two ago that's for sure

Ditto. But so glad to see it roll out. Welcome!

The views and opinions in this post are purely of my own and not of Telstra.
Level 22: Superhuman

I too am glad to see such familar and quite respected names!

When I saw some f the names here, I was grinning from ear to ear.

I use the same moniker wherever I am, so you will see me around.

Smiley Wink

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

@Wanglese wrote:

Smiley Wink

like I said I feel the helpful people normally do use the same names

Support Team
Support Team

@jokiin wrote:
 some other avatar options (including no avatar) probably wouldn't go astray

Couldn't agree more - we'll see what can be done to increase the range or personalisation options. P.S. Love the sig... Smiley Happy

Greg

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

@Greg_Buch wrote:

@jokiin wrote:

Couldn't agree more - we'll see what can be done to increase the range or personalisation options. P.S. Love the sig... Smiley Happy

Greg

I'm sure whoever coded this site is proud of their work and it is probably technically very correct but if you want it to be a bit more inviting a more familiar forum type atmosphere would help I think, it's a bit clinical at the moment, I do understand the goal is for it to become a searchable FAQ that can assist other customers but making it a bit more of a community look and feel might encourage more participation, just my thoughts anyway Smiley Happy

@jokiin wrote:

@Greg_Buch wrote:

@jokiin wrote:

Greg

I'm sure whoever coded this site is proud of their work and it is probably technically very correct but if you want it to be a bit more inviting a more familiar forum type atmosphere would help I think, it's a bit clinical at the moment, I do understand the goal is for it to become a searchable FAQ that can assist other customers but making it a bit more of a community look and feel might encourage more participation, just my thoughts anyway Smiley Happy

I tend to agree with the forum suggestion, it would encourage discussion.

The idea of a forum with a searchable wiki function for solutions is better in my opinion.

Level 2: Rookie

Agree with jokiin that it would be excellent to get more avatar flexibility. I do like icecream but I feel it doesn't properly reflect the depth of my personality like say... a dancing inanimate object. I'd be happy with a dancing icecream option if that makes it easier for you guys. 

Level 1: Cadet

@jokiin wrote:
Thanks, some other avatar options (including no avatar) probably wouldn't go astray Smiley Wink if you want to make it a bit more inviting for all that is

+1 for vote for proper Avatar....

==================================
Sigs are overrated.

TELSTRA COMPLETE HOME BUNDLES

hi TELSTRA!!!! how are you.... hehehe Smiley Very Happy

@Wanglese wrote:

I too am glad to see such familar and quite respected names!

When I saw some f the names here, I was grinning from ear to ear.

Smiley Wink

Hi Wanglese. I have seen your posts on the Telstra Exchange forum, I always enjoy reading what you have to say. 

I am both a Telstra Customer and a Telstra Employee.
Some of my views may not represent Telstra and are my personal opinion only.

Hello there,

Jokiin wrote:

No doubt we'll see some familiar names pop up, I use the same screen name on all forums, I notice plenty of others do as well, trolls tend to change names a lot...

The "trolls tend to change names a lot" statement has me somewhat baffled.

Would this be in reference to other forums throughout the internet or specific to any particular forum/site?

I have contributed to a few forums, one in particular is a competitor's Community, on which I continue to participate intermittently, using different screen names for each. Does this make me a #*%**?

Sometimes people use a screen name that may be applicable to a particular forum and a different one which may be in line with the theme of another. For example, it may be rather silly if someone called Telstra_bob used that screen name on the Vodafone Community website.

I don't hide who I am nor do I have a problem disclosing my screen names that I use on other forums if requested, and in fact I'd love people on this Community to read my content on your competitor's Community (details of which I can't openly post on here as that may violate the terms & conditions of this service).

However, we must also remember that we are on social media which is freely accessible globally, and anonymity is essential for purposes of privacy (and to some degree security), hence why we use screen names in the first place on such sites.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit