Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Future Bill Payment

I just received your latest notification that you are to drop B.Pay payments.

This is not convenient, I live in the country and the nearest Post Office is miles away.

With covid restrictions I am limited to local travel only.

First you wanted to charge us for posting our bills, now you actually want to charge us to pay your account. Next you will want us to pay up front for your services.

We do not use credit cards, we cancelled when we stopped working and even if we did you want to charge us to use a credit card to pay.

I do not want to use Direct Debit, I want control of my money and when I spend it. I am a Pensioner. If the money is not available on the day that you try to debit my account I will be charged extra by you for late payment and also by the bank for insufficient funds.

Give us another option if you insist removing B.Pay. such as EFT or PayPal.

Otherwise you will lose our business and many others to more considerate providers.

Mick

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Future Bill Payment

There is always:

ONLINE OR PHONE
Visit telstra.com/paymybill
or call 1300 369 666 to pay by
credit or debit card.
A payment processing fee applies
to credit & debit card payments (VISA,
Mastercard & American Express:
0.30%, Diners Club: 1.67%), plus
applicable GST. Exemptions may apply.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Your absolutely on the ball Guru. Correct, no problem.

I have my visa programmed into the Online 24/7, and when I receive a bill, I simply click on pay and manually pay it without direct debit.

No BPay and no direct debit and no problem.

Nice to see your usual factual post !!!!!!!

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

I am actually yet to see anything official about cancelling BPay... Doesn't sound right to me. I am thinking what if the people talking about it are targets of some kind of SPAM that is trying to get them to set up some rogue "direct debit" and fleece them off?

All possible places on Telstra are still showing BPay as valid option.

and for the mick67154, you are actually already paying "up-front"... All fixed charges by Telstra are paid in one month advance and have been like forever...

@ProfessorPhone wrote:

Your absolutely on the ball Guru. Correct, no problem.

I have my visa programmed into the Online 24/7, and when I receive a bill, I simply click on pay and manually pay it without direct debit.

No BPay and no direct debit and no problem.

Nice to see your usual factual post !!!!!!!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Highlighted

@mick67154 wrote:

I just received your latest notification that you are to drop B.Pay payments.

This is not convenient, I live in the country and the nearest Post Office is miles away.

With covid restrictions I am limited to local travel only.

First you wanted to charge us for posting our bills, now you actually want to charge us to pay your account. Next you will want us to pay up front for your services.

We do not use credit cards, we cancelled when we stopped working and even if we did you want to charge us to use a credit card to pay.

I do not want to use Direct Debit, I want control of my money and when I spend it. I am a Pensioner. If the money is not available on the day that you try to debit my account I will be charged extra by you for late payment and also by the bank for insufficient funds.

Give us another option if you insist removing B.Pay. such as EFT or PayPal.

Otherwise you will lose our business and many others to more considerate providers.

Mick

I wholeheartedly agree Mick. Typical of the corporate world we live in today, no respect for the aged. My wife has epilepsy and is heading down the path of dementia. If anything should happen to me she cannot even work an ATM machine or a mobile phone. So how on earth is she expected to calculate what is left in her bank account in the future. We are also pensioners.

Dennis 

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

@ProfessorPhone @ForensicsGuru 

Even though the fee for credit card payment is small some people can not afford the extra cost and as already mentioned the OP does not have a credit  or debit card.

In my opinion removing bill pay as an option is a bad move by Telstra.

Highlighted

Sure, I didn't pick up the bit he/she doesn't have a credit card. My mistake.

Yes, absolutely it's a very bad move  to remove BPay, , and just today I read that several of their recent offers are in response to Optus being on the front foot these days.

I've just checked my August and September bills, and they don't charge old age pensioners for using a Visa.

50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
Highlighted

Exactly what I am saying Mr Guru. Did you read my post in full ? Why should I have to pay fees just to settle my account ?

Maybe I can charge Telstra  for my time and effort  ?

Highlighted

Highlighted

Professor phone, we do not use credit cards and have no intention of getting one just for Telstra's convenience. 

Highlighted

wholeheartedly agree.  There was no decrease in my account charges when I went to online billing so Telstra gained and I lost.  I am assume bPay is too expensive for this organisation.  Perhaps they should become more efficient and save costs that way. 

Someone has used my street address for billing.  Mail is sent to my address EVRY billing period.  EVERY billing period we send it back with ruder and ruder comments on the bill envelope but we are now up to our 7th or 8th bill and still TELSTRA has done NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Must be costing them heaps of money to send that bill out.  Unfortunately I do not think there is anyone with intelligence receiving the returned mail.  Just a suggestion.  Employ people that know what to do.  Speak to one employee and you get one answer.  Speak to another employee and get a different answer!  All I want is ALL employees to know the ONE correct answer but that appears to be too difficult so the easiest way is to continue to upset the loyal customers and change, for example, billing to a method that Telstra wants but not what many customers want!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit