lorstra
Level 1: Cadet

In this day & age callers to businesses should have access to a recording of their conversation

I like to record all my business calls  (the WISDOM of doing so gained through some trials with certain businesses over the years) however the blasted voice recorder / mic. at times malfunctions so the recording is lost. It's time service providers be making available access to recordings of customer's telephone calls just for the asking. I would not mind paying for this service at all.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: In this day & age callers to businesses should have access to a recording of their conversat

Telstra (or any other carrier) doesn't record your phone calls (other than when you call their customer service number). The volume of data would be astronomical and Privacy Laws prevent it from happening (you need a court order for wiretapping).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
lorstra
Level 1: Cadet

Re: In this day & age callers to businesses should have access to a recording of their conversat

Thanks for reply, was grasping at straws really. I think all phones should have an auto inbuilt recording ability - whether you actually activate recording function or not. For how many of us have thought.. 'geez I wish I'd recorded that' /  'wish could remember just what they told me'. Especially with the ageing population & more memory decline. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit