Apparently
Level 1: Cadet

iPad "Reward" is NOT a Reward

Just FYI - The iPads offered through the Telstra+ points program are currently a scam!

To get an 8th Gen 32GB iPad as a 'Reward' from Telstra I need all 35k of my points PLUS another $600! To buy the exact same item from Apple direct - $499

For a 132GB iPad as a 'Reward' from Telstra I'll need my 35k points AND $744 - buy it straight from Apple - $649

"As a loyal customer, we'd like to offer you an item for ABOVE market value, ON TOP OF using all your points!" - Gee, thanks Telstra!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: iPad "Reward" is NOT a Reward

The exact same 32GB iPad from Apple is $699 (it is a WiFi + LTE model in the Telstra Plus Rewards Store).

You need to read the specs carefully before you think about purchasing anything.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Apparently
Level 1: Cadet

Apologies, you are correct.

Therefore 35k points - earnt from over $3k spent with Telstra (as $1 = 10 points correct?) - gets a $99 reward. Better than nothing I guess.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

You'll almost always buy (Telstra) items for a cheaper price from Telstra's biggest premium dealer JB HiFi. They are Apple official dealers with many stores  having an Apple employee on secondment (in normal times). in certain stores.

Also with many products above a certain price level,  they automatically provide an extra year's warranty which they "carry" themselves.  

I am not,  and have never been a JB employee or contractor.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jupiter

The iPad is the same price at Telstra, Apple and JB HiFi as Apple sets the pricing.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit