contactchris
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Is Telstra outsourcing Support to customers via CrowdSupport? Is that the best Telstra can do?

I wish Telstra would answer their own calls for support. 

• Instead, I shunted to a chat messenger system that clearly doesn't work. It could improve if agents get access to previous cries for help (chat) that are not resolved. 
  • So, I need to trick the IVR system to avoid being hung-up on. I have had to learn which pathway gets human help. It's a lottery.
  • Therefore, I sometimes respond to cries for help on CrowdSupport as I feel sorry for some customers who has to resort to this Last Chance of Support called CrowdSupport?

Is that the best Telstra can do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Is Telstra outsourcing Support to customers via CrowdSupport? Is that the best Telstra can do?

They do have access to previous chats. They only need to actually go and read them (I have been fortunate enough to encounter one who did, which saved a lot of time when I was trying to sort something out).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
contactchris
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Is Telstra outsourcing Support to customers via CrowdSupport? Is that the best Telstra can do?

Okay thank you for letting me know. 

I have wasted too much time redefining the issue every time I have lost the agent in the middle of a chat session. It mysteriously drops out after 2 - 10 minutes of silence. 

Next time I will be less agreeable. 

I will insist they have access to past conversations of moments ago.

I will argue the case and see how that works.

I am stressed already just thinking about it. 

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

This is all very sad, as your comments are largely correct.

I recall in the 80's and 90's when Telstra was rated one of the 5 best telecommunication organisations in the world. Many of the posts here are very upsetting to read especially from older people who have never used a computer.

Telstra is a premium priced service.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
IT9
Level 1: Cadet

How embarrassing for Telstra.  A broken app with absolutely under qualified staff.

Three days of repeat robotic questions… 7 hours between responding, then I assume they go home and the next car load of clowns arrived… Rinse repeat… rinse repeat….

once upon a time Telstra was reputable.

CabanSail
Level 2: Rookie

I’m in hospital and have had messages left on my message bank. Some may be important. 

When I dial in to retrieve then it no longer recognises my number. 

I have been battling with the message app here for over 3 days. The best they can come up with is turn my modem off and on again ( The IT Crowd solution). Well to do that I would need to discharge from hospital. Take a taxi home ($300+). Then another back ($300+) and be readmitted to hospital.  The help guy was waiting for me to actually do that. 
I tried phoning and get the Automated Bitch Voice which sends me a text to go to the Messages. 
I am about to cancel my next payment and let all my services die. 

Any suggestions for a quality carrier?  

Jupiter

Call your number, then when the announcement starts, press # and you should be able to listen to your messages.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - may I ask, are you trying to retrieve your home telephone line Message Bank calls from landline phone at the hospital bed or a Telstra mobile phone - post paid or pre-paid. There appear to be different access codes for external access to Message Bank when away from home per this 2015 post. Hope this helps.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/mobile-plans-rates/accessing-prepaid-messagebank-remotely/m-p... 

CabanSail

I’m trying to retrieve messages left on my home phone using my mobile. It is not a Telstra mobile but I have used it successfully to retrieve messages until this week. It’s suddenly not working. 

This message based support is completely useless. 

Jupiter

I realised I forgot a step.

Dial your Home Phone number

When the message answers, press # immediately

Enter your Home Messages Pin number

CabanSail

Could not get it to work 

Think I will just move to a carrier that has support. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit