Level 2: Rookie

Is this a scam

Look out for this possible telstra scam!

Had a phone call advising that codes have sent to me that will enable cheaper rate due to covid 19. They hanged up after questioning.. thing is they have been txting me from 06/19 as telstra with links to legit sites. They phoned (02)8067987 saying "sent you a code via txt" . Text is from 8357872 . Is the tel.st site legit?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Is this a scam

Telstra cold calling and offering codes to get cheaper calls...  what could be suspicious about that I wonder...   Smiley Happy 

I don't think they have any phones at present, all been disconnected for late payment??

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Support Team
Support Team

Definitely sounds like a scam! I recommend reporting the scam calls through here:  https://tel.st/sc6yn

Let us know if you have any further questions or need a hand with anything else.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Given that the number that the message supposedly came from doesn't even have enough digits, that should be a dead giveaway that it's a scam.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 2: Rookie

I've just watched the news about Telstra look like  I was right about the scam just didn't know Telstra was in on it.

Level 23: Superhero

The Australian Communications and Media Authority    .... ACMA .... are the most appropriate organization to report this to:

https://www.acma.gov.au/phone-scams

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit