Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

jobseeker discount

hi all is it just me I read about a support program called jobseeker discount 

there doesn't seem to be a link to anywhere 

then I found the answer, applications open 20 April

my next question why is this initiative not available now and will it be backdated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: jobseeker discount

It takes time to set these things up, especially since there is a system that needs to be set up between Centrelink and Telstra to get the verification working.

For any other details, keep an eye out for announcements at Telstra Exchange.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I've applied twice now and it keeps saying there is an issue with my crn number and to check it and resubmit but it just happens again and I can't seem to get onto anyone to sort it out.... very annoying. 

Highlighted

You need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and someone should respond in a few hours/couple of days.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue. I've applied 5 times. Talked to someone by phone who told me that billing etc couldn't help. They told me I had to talk to tech support through the app. Well they gave me the same response. Sorry can't help you. You have to apply online!!!!

Highlighted

i spend ages on tech support yesterday afternoon who just told me to resubmit application on another browser. eg. if previously used phone use your computer.... so i have done that as well. will hear in the next few days if it has been once again rejected i guess...........

Highlighted

Good luck. I've used my phone and my tablet and everytime I get rejected. Please let me know if it works.

Highlighted

If it comes back as rejected, that means that the Centrelink system isn't telling the Telstra system that you are registered for Jobseeker.

You may need to contact Centrelink and check your registration status. If your registration status is correct, then they may be able to flag the problem up the line from their end.

Highlighted

I'm also having this issue, I had just submitted it for the third time.

I tried to ring Telstra but the computerised assistant said they couldn't help resolve my issue and kept hanging up on me.

I tried getting help on my PC via live chat and Codi the virtual assistant said that I needed to install the Telstra app and use that to get help. I don't understand how they are not the same chat but jumped through that hoop and installed the app, eventually an agent messaged me back and said my issue would be resolved in around 20 minutes. The agent was able to confirm my CRN is valid but was not able to deal with the Jobseeker discount, note It took two hours to get to that point.

I rang Telstra and asked to be transferred to disconnections but the agent said he had never heard of the Jobseeker Discount and I needed to provide him with a URL to get information as he had no way of searching for it, he then said he couldn't help me and advised all I can do is submit it again.

Telstra offer a Jobseeker Discount but make it next to impossible to obtain, quite ridiculous really.

Highlighted

It was rejected a third time after my CRN was validated by a Telstra agent.

This is literally the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I just put in a complaint, perhaps I will get a different result.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit