airbiscuit
Level 2: Rookie

Microsoft - please end the relationship with Telstra T-Suite for Office 365

Hi Everyone,

Again, I have to ask the question again... Why can't Australian customers go Microsoft direct for Office 365 like other countries can?

Telstra T-Suite is having provisioning problems today (or at least with the new account i've created). I have around 20 existing T-Suite Office 365 services for my clients. The problems for sigining up a new client today are as follows:

* No Welcome / 1st Time T-Suite Logon Email (therefore can't check progress)

* Order Recieved email came through ok (useless without the 1st time email)

* Still waiting on Telstra T-Suite Provisioning - still saying "in progress"

When T-Suite is working fine, the Microsoft activation typically takes less than 2 minutes. It's been well over an hour, Telstra T-Suite staff say it could take another 2 hours for the provisioning to take place. They also said, if all else fails, we will delete the order and it will have to be placed again - seriously, is this a solution?

I've spoken with T-Suite support twice already, the first support person lied in saying it was a Microsoft issue - the second support person verified and confirmed it was a Telstra issue.

Telstra offer no added benefit for Office 365 (aside from being money collectors for Microsoft). I beg that Microsoft please reconsider it's relationship with Telstra and dump them as the sole Office 365 provider in Australia.

Other T-Suite gripes include:

* No emailing of invoices - you have to manually go in and PDF print your own invoice - time consuming with 20 services. This is antiquated.

* You can no longer mix and match services for older accounts (e.g. add an email only service onto a SBP plan) the SKU's are no longer compatible for doing so. Telstra says you need to create a new T-Suite account and link it with an existing Microsoft Office Identifier - seriously, more administration work for us.

* New Small Business Premium Plan, same price at $13.50, although you don't get MS Access anymore. So getting less for the same price.

P.S. I've made the point in a previous post about the relationship with Telstra and Microsoft for Office 365:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Suite-Applications/Telstra-Office-365-Why-can-t-we-just-go-...

(This post has had over 28,000 views)

Regards,

Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
airbiscuit

Re: Microsoft - please end the relationship with Telstra T-Suite for Office 365

Update - "Notification of Delayed Order" - I went into t-suite to check the status:

Note: Telstra T-Suite blaming Microsoft... I don't think so according to the image below!!!

tsuite error.png

airbiscuit

Latest Update - Provisioning Resolved

So with the 3rd call to Telstra T-Suite Support, I mentioned I recieved a delayed notification in setting up the account. Logged in and provided Telstra T-Suite Error Code details to the support staff.

They were able to resolve the issue and get the service provisioned. 3rd time's a charm? It shouldn't have to be this way.

Now the service is up and running I can get back to getting my client setup with Office 365.

This has cost myself and my clients a massive amount of time along with some money. Doing business with Telstra COSTS your business money, it is not a vauled partnership but force of necessity as Telstra are the only provider of Office 365 in Australia Smiley Sad

This has yet been another disappointing Telstra experience...

Yeldarb
Level 20: Director

I am not up with reasons why Telstra is selling this product however Office 365 can be purchased directly though the Microsoft Store. Is there something different about buying it through Telstra?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit