howieman
Level 1: Cadet

My experience with 24/7 chat support

Hello all,

I am using Telstra prepaid mobile and prepaid broadband. For ages, these two accounts have been linked to my online Telstra account. Recently when I decided to do my taxes, I logged into my online Telstra account, my Telstra prepaid mobile was no longer linked, so I could not check my past statements. The mobile account is active as I am still using it.

There is a link 24/7 online chat support in the online Telstra My Account website, so I decided to use that.
Sorry, but Telstra, when I used that chat support, it was like talking to a brick wall/computer. I thought your CEO spent a significant amount of money to try to improve your customer service.

I was literally talking to a brick wall/computer. I have posted the online chat dialogue:

Howard

hello

Howard
I used to see my prepaid mobile on my telstra online account

now it's gone

I want to see my previous call history

how do i get it added back to my telstra account

my telstra online services account

DONDON
Have you tried by dialing #100#?

Howard
DONDON

Howard
I am trying to get my statements online

Howard
my prepaid mobile used to be in my telstra online account

Howard
it's not there anymore, I am not sure why

Howard
but i want to get my monthly statements

Howard
how do i get that mobile added there?

DONDON
You may need to check you My Account online to get all the usage history.

Howard
excuse me, are you even reading my messages?

DONDON
Yes.

Howard
my prepaid number is not in my account online anymore

DONDON
We need to make sure that the mobile number is still active, if its not, it will no longer show into your account.

DONDON
What is your mobile number please?

Howard
of course it's active, im using it

Howard

DONDON
Let me check this one. Thanks.

DONDON
Is it okay if you logon to your My Account online?

Howard
i have

DONDON
Under the word My Account, do you see a drop down list?

Howard
no

Howard
its just my broadband prepaid number, not my prepaid mobile number

DONDON
If the mobile service is linked to your account, it should show there, or it might be that you are using a separate user name and password for this mobile number.

Howard
as I said, it's linked to this account

Howard
previously

Howard
and it's now disappeared off this list

So my question to Telstra is:

1. Where do you source these online staff?

2. When there is the word 'account' mentioned, do these staff say (in the following order):

- Have you tried by dialing #100#?

- You may need to check you My Account online to get all the usage history.

- We need to make sure that the mobile number is still active, if its not, it will no longer show into your account.

3. Will you be upgrading these computer responses?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
howieman
Level 1: Cadet

Re: My experience with 24/7 chat support

Oh also, I wonder if it's worthwhile sending this feedback to the Telstra CEO somehow.

Cheers

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: My experience with 24/7 chat support

hey howieman,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with accessing your pre-paid mobile details online and do apologise for the poor service that has been experienced when seeking assistance via the Live Chat service Smiley Sad 

There is not normally a statement provided for the pre-paid service as no invoice is ever generated, so all you will be accessing is the calls that have been made. I am not sure as to why this would have dropped off and am more than happy to have a further look into this for you. I have sent a PM to get your details so that we will be able to look into this further for you. In answer to your questions, the Live Chat service is sourced from on and off shore contact centres, so it depends on who is available to answer the chat when it drops in.

Agree that was not a great experience and I am more than happy to have a further look into this for you when we receive the details from the link that I have provided in the PM. 

Finally if there are notes of the chat listed on your account I will be more than happy to have this feedback passed on to their manager for further coaching to be completed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit