Perrychef
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Orange Light On My Signal on My Modem

G'day,

My computer has gone so slow. I have a Telstra Wifi E63B07. The signal light is continually orange.  I have a low blockhouse.  I have moved it around the room but it does not make any difference.

Is there a way of testing the WiFi? or can I purchase a booster.

Please do not tell me to download the Telstra app as I do not have a Mobil Phone.

Cheers Perry 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Orange Light On My Signal on My Modem

You should be able to get an external antenna for it which may help improve the mobile signal.

Boosters cost in excess of $1200, so a traditional antenna is much more cost effective.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Kunal1
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Perrychef, just checking to see how we are going with the internet. Did we still need a hand it with?

- Kunal

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

You give the modem model as E63B07. That is not one I am aware of, is that a Telstra device and does it have a 'Telstra name'? Any chance you can post a photo?

Where did that number come from (label?) and any idea who makes it? ZTE, Huawei etc?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Perrychef

G'day,  Thank you for your replies. It has taken me over 15 minutes to log on. My computer is running so slow. I did not know I was able to purchase an External Arial.  Where can I get one? My photo of my Wifi.

My WiFi {Photo removed for privacy}.

Jupiter

OK. Will have to retract the advice about getting an external aerial now that we know which model of modem that you have. That is a Telstra Smart Modem (model DJA0230). I had been running on the assumption that you had a mobile broadband modem as what you gave as a model number was close to some of those modems (what you had actually given us was part of the name of your WiFi network). 

Is the front light on your modem Blue or Green and is it plugged into an NBN or ADSL Connection?

If the Front Light is Green, the the signal light has no bearing on your connection as that light is for when it is running on LTE (4G) backup mode.

If the front light is blue, then it means that you are running on the LTE (4G) backup and the slow speeds could be because you have reached the quota limit and have been throttled. What speeds are your computer seeing (via speedtest.net)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52

Hi, now we know what modem you have, which always helps, the orange signal isn't a great concern - it just indicates a low signal, like less bars on a mobile phone..  but even if it gets to red (poor signal) the 4 G Backup will still work..

From here, follow what @Jupiter has suggested to help troubleshoot your current probelm.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Perrychef

G'day,

Thank you all for your help.  The lights on the front are green.  I have spoken to others in my area.  Apparently, their signal is also slow.  Telstra is working on the problem.  I will close the subject now so I will tick IT WAS USEFUL.

Thanks Perry

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit