Skeeter87
Level 2: Rookie

Pay off new phone

Not sure if this is the place. But an idea!!!!

Currently I am a Telstra BYO plan customer. Previously a phone on a plan customer until the BYO plans offered more value for money. Would there be anyway that a customer could purchase a new phone via monthly instalments and stay on their current plan as my inclusions on this plan are far superior to phone plans. Just a suggestion

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Pay off new phone

I am not sure if it is able to be done with the current BYO plans but in the past you could add a mobile via a 'Device Payment Contract' which was essentially the full cost of the phone divided by 24.

Often it can actually work out slightly more than the phone on the equivalent plan however, for example, the iPhone 6 on the last price I saw it in a Telstra store was $936 or $39 per month, if you add that to the large BYO plan at $70 per month that is $109 per month, or on the large phone plan it is $97 ($95 for the plan and $2 for the phone) after the DPC discounts built into the phone plans.

Depends on the phone but it can go either way, but a Telstra store would be able to help you and let you know if you can still add a DPC onto a BYO plan - the CIS does say it is able to be done but they would be able to confirm the process.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

DrQ

Re: Pay off new phone

Oh, sorry, I just noticed the Large BYO is currently only $60 at the promotional price, which would still make it more expensive but only by $2 at $99 instead of by $12 at $109 on that particular phone.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit