Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

‘Quote’ button and WYSIWYG editor gone after iOS 6.1 (10B141) on iPad 3

After my third-gen iPad downloaded and installed a minor update to iOS 6.1, I no longer get the WYSIWYG editor, ‘Quote’ and ‘Spell check’ buttons when I reply to a post (or compose one in a new thread). Just a dumb multi-line text field under the heading of <B>Body</B>. I'm not even sure if HTML will be processed correctly if I insert tags into what I write in the dumb text field. (Yes, I've reset and restarted Safari on my iPad, cleared cookies, website data and history, etc.) … OK, now I know it doesn't.

All of the editing aids are still present when I do the same on my Window Phone 8 handset.

Is anyone else experiencing that?

<EDIT>
Interestingly, when I now go to edit my posts (this post), I get a grey notification bar on the page stating, “Your browser does not support rich text editing. Rich text content has been stripped from the original message so you can edit it.”
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Drat

Re: ‘Quote’ button and WYSIWYG editor gone after iOS 6.1 (10B141) on iPad 3

Dumb text field - iPad3 iOS6.1 - 16Feb2013.PNG

Browser info - iPad3 iOS6.1 - 16Feb2013.PNG

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Drat

OK, this is odd. I still get the WYSIWG Rich Text editor when I go to compose a private message on my iPad! (No, I still don't see it for posts, as I write this one.)
——

Yannick
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I am looking into this problem today, i assume you are using safar as you default browser on the ipad?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Drat

Yes.
——

Drat

Bump.

In spite of the recent changes to CrowdSupport, I still have no access to the WYSIWYG Rich Text editor or Quote button on my iPad when posting, but I continue to get those when replying to private messages.
——

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit