Level 1: Cadet

renting out our apartment - no new address for us yet?

We are leaving Darwin.  We are going to rent out our apartment - fully furnished.  We will live temporarily at my sisters but then go on the road from early December.  We are travelling interstate and at this stage we don't have a new address until we get there and find somewhere to rent.

a)  what happens to our home phone?

b) what happens to our internet plan?

c) can we suspend until we know where we will be?

d) is there a way to use our internet package on a mobile situation eg if we are camping or anywhere that we use our own internet package?

Please - we need some advice - not terribly tech savvy...

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: renting out our apartment - no new address for us yet?

Hi neatbeauty,

Welcome to CrowdSupport and thanks for taking the time to contact us, sorry for the delayed response. I hope I will be able to clarify this for you.

I can answer A & B together and confirm that nothing will happen unless it is requested. Obviously if the account is not paid and up to date the services may be disconnected due to non-payment.

To clarify C, yes you can. We can restrict the service (ie: home phone will be able to make emergency calls and to Telstra, internet will be restricted completely), however the monthly invoice and charges will generate as normal.

With regards to D, you can use TelstraAir which will use Public WiFi Hotspots to connect to and use your home broadband allowance (locations are viewable at: https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/telstra-air), however I would recommend looking into a prepaid or postpaid mobile broadband solution based on the hotspot locations vs where you will be staying / camping may not align.

Hopefully I have clarified a few things for you!

Any other questions and for options regarding your move of address, I would recommend chatting with us via LiveChat ( http://tel.st/hsc3) or via 13 22 00, we will be able to access your account securely

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit