SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Telstra App - No CrowdSupport link?

It was brought to my attention that there is no longer a link to CrowdSupport (aka 'Ask the community') on the Get Help page of the app. I have checked this and also looked in other places to no avail.

The link is still present on the My Account web page though, which I just verified.

Is there a reason it has been removed from the app? Is it a safety issue? Is CrowdSupport being phased out? or no longer thought to be necessary? Just an error in the redsign/update of the app?

It seems odd the have a difference between My Telstra and My Account - but of course there are other discrepancies as well - for instance, the app has no way to order a replacement SIM for a service, but the browser version does?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra App - No CrowdSupport link?

Hi @SteveW_52 Those are great questions, I'm not certain why the differences between browser and app functionality. It may be worth raising the with dev team directly via the app feedback form here: https://tel.st/x6p2ug. Whether it's by design or an oversight, they'd be the place with the best shot at providing some answers on this occasion. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SteveW_52

@Cas-Ra I asked the question there first, but no response. Also left a feedback comment to the same effect. Haven't heard back from that either.

I was also wondering if other peopl had noticed the ommissions? I know at least one person who has, and I also know they find it a bit to difficult to access CrowdSupport now, because TFA is applied on the web page access (which has it's own issues), and the previous link in the App is no longer there? No advice is ever given in advance of the changes to the App, users find out the hard way.

I do wonder if the lack of a CrowdSupport link in the app is part of the reason for fewer number of posts to this forum over recent weeks?

Stevo 52
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Yes, what Steve has picked up goes against the grain of common functionality between the My Telstra app and webpage.

Common functionality between the two portals makes sense and assists Telstra customers.

SteveW_52

Response from the Telstra App team..

"Unfortunately, the Crowd support feature is not available in the get help tab anymore. I can pass on the feedback to the relevant team, but really not sure what’s the reason behind removing that feature.

Let me look into this, and if we have any further update we can let you know in the future.

If you need assistance with anything else in the app, please reply back to this email and I can send it further to our IT team to investigate."

Not really a response to WHY the CrowdSupport link was removed..

This fairly typical Telstra resonse also didnt even mention the second point I raised, as to why the 'Request a replacement SIM" was removed from the services on the account?

The biggest issue is that the "My Telstra" app varies from the  "My Account" browser version. It doesn't make sense to have them differ like that...  if Telstra want the customers to self help, why take away these features from the app that they want users to use???

Stevo 52
SteveW_52

Update..  trying to find some stuff in the My Telstra app for a friend today, I found the 'Request a replacement SIM' link is now in the menu under the three dots that appear when opening up a service details, little right arrow on the right of the service number..  so one step deeper than what I remember...  have checked on a few other devices including my own..  

Stevo 52
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Hello Steve

The absence of links from Telstra online etc to C.S., could be a downgrading due to the various reports of efficiency / economies throughout the company?????     In current  business circumstances,  budgets for social media might be relevent. Maybe someone realized that some of the contributors here are just too knowledgeable !!

It is noteworthy that generous testing projects have not been mentioned in recent times. 

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
SteveW_52

For anyone interested, a further update today from the My Telstra App Support team

"The link to the crowed support has been removed as there is some outdates information. For customers needing support, we have built the messaging service. By simply selecting the messaging icon in the get help tab, you will be connected to an agent that will be able to answer your inquiries."

It would seem that they don't appreciate the usefulness of the CrowdSupport forum or value it as a useful part of the app? Seems odd though, if what they say is true, to have a link to the same forum still there in the My Account web page version. Is this an indication that CrowdSupport might be closed down in the future?

Stevo 52
Dowser

“crowed support” 

“outdates information”

Say no more.

sumonkhan
Level 1: Cadet

Anyone else having issues with the new my Telstra app on Android. I can’t see my prepaid phone at all. No ability to recharge from the app or see my usage etc. Tried Telstra chat but get a we are too busy loop and never get anywhere. Everything was working fine until this new app release.

Dowser

I use an iPhone. You can contact the My Telstra team using the webpage

sumonkhan
Level 1: Cadet

@ I will contact you

roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hi SteveW_52

There are currently no plans to remove CrowdSupport. Our customers can continue to contact us through CrowdSupport, as well as all other channels (Messaging, Phone and Social Media).  - Glenn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

SteveW_52

@roshirina Thats good to know, but right now customers are unable to reach CrowdSupport from the My Telstra app - the reason given by the app support team seems quite odd, given that the same link still appears on the My Account web pages. It is inconsistent to say the least and means some customers may not know how to avail themselves of CrowdSupport now, because they only use the app...

Stevo 52
roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the feedback. You can submit this as a suggestion in the app. If you tap Get Help, down the bottom will be "Feedback on our app". Tapping on this will allow you to put it through as a suggestion.  - Glenn

SteveW_52

@roshirina I have done that already and also left a message with the My Telstra app support team..  there used to be a CrowdSupport link in the app, but it has disappeared and no satisfactory reason given yet.

Stevo 52
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

The analogy to this is: "The Board has confidence in the coach".

Me thinks......

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit