Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Customer Service...Disgraceful

Dear Telstra Team,

Thank you so much for ruining my Christmas & New Year...

Once again your Customer Complaints Team(s) were completely unprofessional and the merry go round of complaint ref #'s and false promisses to call back have accumaluted to level that would make any Company CEO ashamed and disgusted. If there were any Telstra Customer Service Senior Personnel that had an ounce of integrity, they would resign and distance themselves from the Telstra Organisation immediately.

After several complaints to Telstra regarding technical issues with repeated internet WAN disconnections, finally the good folks at Telstra advised me on Monday 21/12 that the earliest a technician could come to the premises was CHRISTMAS DAY 25/12 between 1pm and 5pm...

Great, so I cancelled Christmas day with my family and was prepared to wait at at the premises for the Technician on Christmas Day.

No contact from Telstra until I called them on 23/12 to confirm that the technician would still be coming CHRISTMAS DAY...only to be told that Telstra had in fact changed the call out day to the 24/12 but did not bother to advise me.

So not only was my Christmas Day with the family cancelled, I took another day off work on the 24/12 between 1pm and 5pm to wait for the Telstra Technician. So at 4pm I called Telstra to confirm that the technician would arrive in the next hour only to be told by Telstra that in fact the technician had already called at the premises earlier and had fixed the connector problems and knocked on the door and called me but no-one was home. Really, there were 7 people and 2 cars at the premises ALL DAY. Telstra told me that he left a card in the mail box.

So no card in the mail box and no call or missed call message on my phone.

Oh but once again I was told my complaint had esculated up another level and a technician would visit 26/12 BOXING DAY and fix the problem...

So today is 31/12 and the problem is still not fixed. I have made several more calls/complaints to Telstra and have now been told all my case managers are on holidays and I SHOULD get a call on Monday 4/1.

So I would just like to know how Mr Brian Harcourt, Executive Director, Customer Service Delivery and Mr Andy Ellis, Head of Customer Service & Contact Centres are enjoying their Christmas and New Year Celebrations?

Here is a mere sample of the way Telstra looks treats a long time Corporate & Domestic customer:

I’m sorry we haven’t been able to reach a mutually agreeable solution regarding your complaint about your ongoing issue with your internet.

As discussed, we’ve investigated your complaint and as a result the following resolution was proposed:

• Issue has been reported since June of 2015 (DROP OUTS)
  • A technician was scheduled to check your connection on the 24 December between 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
  • You wanted to speak to someone in Australia because You felt that Telstra is not doing anything about your complaint. Supervisor Hanzel explained to you that We are the last Person / Department that You could speak to with Telstra
  • You decided to cancel the service because of all the trouble, but decided not to, because you opted to speak with a Telstra personnel on a nearby Telstra shop
  • As discussed case will be closed as you being dissatisfied on how Telstra handled your complaint.

While it is disappointing that we are unable to reach a mutually agreeable solution, Telstra is confident that our investigation and proposed resolution are appropriate and therefore, I’m not able to do anything further to resolve this matter for you.

As you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may wish to pursue an external independent review with a body such as the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO).

I have now closed your complaint, but if you wish to accept the resolution I have offered you, please call me on 1800 241 787 between Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm AEST.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Telstra Team

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra Customer Service...Disgraceful

Hello,

As a fellow customer, I can only read your post and  sympathise.

If you want to contact Telstra management, below is a link.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

May I wish you a happy and healthy New Year

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your advice, however like the Custemer Service consultants who repeatedly say sorry, the link you provided is equally as helpful.

I have sent many emails to that link and not surprisingly have received the a reply from the Telstra Robot telling me that my complaint has been received and a member of Team Andy Ellis will be in touch within five business days.

I dont need anymore advice regarding complaint proceedures, I just need somebody from the Telstra Organisation to take responsibilty and be accountable.

Thank you for your New Year's Eve's appreciative comment.

....and wishing you a very Happy New Year.

50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
Level 24: Supreme Being

Beyond the complaint department,

you could try escalate it the the CEOs office and they will investigate it further ( www.telstra.com.au/webforms/contact-ceo/ ) or to the TIO team ( www.telstra.com.au/Priority-Service ) or to the TIO themselves.

As this is a public forum your chances of getting anyone with any actual power on here able to resolve your issue is unlikely.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your assistance, however you have exactly reinforced my opinions on the lunacy of the Telstra Organisation.

Telstra is reportedly a leading global TELECOMMUNICATIONS enterprise and yet to contact the CEO, you are directed online to send him a LETTER ???

"You can contact the Office of our CEO, Andrew Penn, by writing to:"

Office of the CEO
Locked Bag 5639
Melbourne VIC 3001

No wonder the Telstra Organisation is in such disarray.

Please keep the suggestions coming...I have plenty of time, as it seems Telstra wont be contacting me anytime soon...

you can send him an email via that same page. Just below the mail details.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Falling_Down I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the result of your recent complaint. From the small sample of the communications you've supplied I can see a clear, concise summary of your concerns, that an offer of resolution has been made, a further offer of support and an open channel of contact should you require, as well as directions to further address your concerns with an external body if you choose. This is all in accordance with our complaint handling process, regrettably making a complaint doesn't  guarantee that you will always get exactly what you were hoping for as sometimes it's just not possible to comply. In this case by your own recounting we've been unable to reach a mutual conclusion. I can understand your concerns, and apologise for the inconvenience with regards to the technical delays and difficulties, at this time of year regrettably resources can be stretched and it's not always possible meet every target, which is understandably frustrating.  I can only trust that your case manager has followed process and offered the recommend advice to approach the TIO with your concerns in accordance with policy, which is as a last possible resort. Alternatively, the case manager has left an open channel of contact for you if you'd like to discuss further. Best wishes and have a Happy New Year.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Hi Cas,

I am not surprised by the Standard Telstra Customer Service Rehetoric that for some reason you feel obliged to spew forward. I can only assume most people would find it as insulting to their intelligence as I do.

I would be most be most interested in your interpretation of the "further offer of support and an open channel of contact" that you mentioned, as each case manager has closed the complaint and pushed it on to another.

Although I do thank you for understanding my concerns, and your apology for the inconvenience. I will add it to the myriad of apoligies I have collected from Telstra Customer Service already.

I know in my industry, if a customer has a problem with a supplier, they have the fortune of chosing an alternate supplier.

I wonder if Telstra would be so quick to refer their customers to the TIO if Telstra had any REAL competion in Australia?

I  have  noted that you have been most ungracious to 3 different people in this one one post, all trying to help you.

In my 71 years I have learnt that as difficult as situations can be, one still needs to be respectful, when people attempt to offer assistance and guidance, especially as polite as all 3 of us have been, despite the tone of your responses.

I have read what Cas, Dr Qwerty and I politely and respectfully wrote, and I feel the need to express my disappointment that you have felt the need to take out your frustration on us,    None of us had anything to do with your problem, and two of us don't even work for Telstra, and Cas showed you the respect that you have failed to return.

I think it needs to be be said that thankfully we very very very rarely come across such discourtesy. Personally, I think you ought to take a hard look at yourself and at least apologise to the 2 other people who have politely and respectfully attempted to assist you.

We are simply not used to this sort of discourtesy,  and I will be one to express this to you.

Thank you, and I hope 2016 brings you some happiness.

Thank you.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit