Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra Locator “Active subscription for Telstra Locator not found”

Answered

Can I please get some suggestions to enable my new Telstra Locator service?

All the below was emailed to the Telstra Locator team on 11th September, I did receive a call back that it was a common problem they were working on, but have had no contact since. (I have tried re-emailing 'locator.support@team.telstra.com')

I initially spent 2 days on Telstra Messaging, had an escalated fault raised (INC0000xxxxxxx), then waited 7 days for a support contact.

Last night, I again tried the messaging, and after 5 hours, I am told the escalated fault was cleared and finally, that the “subscription is active”.

In numerous back and forth messaging it is overwhelmingly apparent that this not the way forward to resolve my complaint.

Summary of new Telstra Locator order details, and attempts to activate it.

• Order number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Issued on: 28/08/2020 15:20:03
  • Starter kit arrived the following day via courier
  • New subscription shows up in list of services in My Account
  • Install Telstra Locator app on iPhone 6s plus
  • Use Telstra ID password to log in: message from app “Active subscription for Telstra Locator not found”

I then started the long and horrific support session with the Telstra Messaging service. This went on over a period of 2 days.

(I tried both Telstra Chat and calling 132200 countless times, all options end up requiring a SMS to my mobile, and ending up with an SMS link the messaging app)

During these 2 days a number of things were observed and performed to try to resolve the issue including

• My Telstra ID (xxxxxx_xxxxxxx@bigpond.com) works fine for all my Telstra logins (My Account, BigPond Webmail, My Telstra app, Telstra Air, CrowdSupport). I have had this same Telstra ID for many years now.
  • My account (xxxx xxxx xxxx) has on it Home phone, ADSL Internet, Mobile Service, email account & Telstra Air activated. All services work perfectly well.
  • After the order was placed, the Telstra Locator is also in the list of services in My Account
  • The My Telstra app, however, does not show the new Telstra Locator subscription, but does show the Home phone, ADSL Internet, Mobile Service& Telstra Air activated.
  • On the advice of the Telstra messaging team I have performed a range of resetting/reinstalling etc.
    • The iPhone 6s plus has had both My Telstra and Telstra Locator apps reinstalled numerous times. (the mobile has also been completely reset before re-installing both apps) The phone is running software version 13.7
    • Each time the results are identical and as described above, the Telstra Locator service does not show in the My Telstra app, and the message from the Telstra Locator app “Active subscription for Telstra Locator not found”
    • The home router modem has also been reset several times
  • All this has been performed using my home Wi-Fi network connection as per the setup instructions

Are you able to assist me with activating this service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Locator “Active subscription for Telstra Locator not found”

Finally, yesterday someone txt me to say it was being looked at by the locator team, shortly after a txt came back and I can now log in on the Telstra Locator app.

Good things come to those who wait...

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to account information, so if something needs to be done on the Telstra side of things then we can't assist.

Telstra Locator subscriptions do not appear in the My Telstra app, only via My Account on the website.

It sounds like there is a problem with associating the Telstra Locator subscription with your Telstra ID. It will need to be escalated to the back of house technicians again for investigation.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Thanks.

Thats good to know that the Telstra Locator service doesn't show in the My Telstra app.

It does shows now on my monthly bill as "Internet of Things and Gaming".

So, as you say, the problem must be associating the Telstra Locator subscription with your Telstra ID.

I suppose I will just have to keep trying locator.support@team.telstra.com and hope that eventually someone will get in contact :-P

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Geo101, best guess is the order to complete the activation hasn't completed. If you head into the app and then the "Get Help" page, and hit the blue speech bubble, we'll be able to confirm as much, and cancel/re-raise the activation order as necessary.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Thanks 

So i cut and pasted the email and your suggestions here into the "blue speech bubble".

I won't paste the whole episode here, it is truly frustrating to read, but the conversation ended up as such:

Telstra:

Thank you for staying online. Upon checking, the next option we can have it checked by the Telstra locator tea, is via phone 132200 and says Locator.

Perhaps, I also sent an escalation report for our My Account team to investigate on this. In that way, they can fixed it for you in case the issue is with in My Account.

We don't have any estimated date when they will contact you for the update. It may take 1-2 billing cycle to complete. You can just check it online from time to time.

Anything else I can assist you with?

I again tried 132200 as suggested, but no matter how much I try, the result always wants to send a message to my mobile, and the circle goes round and round...

Why on earth doesn't Telstra have a proper ticket system for faults, why do they insist on this app messaging thing.

Even the Telstra website chat no longer works? No matter what you do, it comes back with:

If you need help, send us a message through the My Telstra app. Do this by tapping the 'Get Help' tab then the blue message icon. Download the app here.

Head to our Support Centre for a range of self service help/to manage your account online.

EDIT: And this took another 2 hours to get this responce...

Accepted Solution

Finally, yesterday someone txt me to say it was being looked at by the locator team, shortly after a txt came back and I can now log in on the Telstra Locator app.

Good things come to those who wait...

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

I'm basically having the exact same issue, 2 weeks+ back and forth with telstra support chat and nothing.

Brian

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit