P87
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Nightmare- 87 texts later....

Happy NY!

Any advice as to how I go about talking to a human, within Telstra? I have a case number & @ level 2, however, 87 text messages on ( over 6 days) & nothing has been resolved ( no internet/NBN). 

I feel like I’m living in a loop. The same responses most of the time &, when I do feel that there’s a real person at the the other end, I am given false hope as nothing eventuates.
Thank you.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstra Nightmare- 87 texts later....

New Year, new 'persuader' option...

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

If you have references, dates, times name put it all in there...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
abthomp
Level 13: Super Sleuth

and when you do submit a complaint they'll do things like phone you at 4am, leave messages that when you respond the person you need to speak to is never available, send you e-mails alleging they've phoned you and you didn't answer and then send you an e-mail advising that because you have been unable to provide further information they are closing the complaint.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

That's why the Ombudsman is so busy. It's sad reading such reports, especially when it's avoidable.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
SteveW_52

You have to treat it like a little court case, prep and evidence is everything..  and all those occurrences you mention, actually add to the strength of your case...

Never had a Telstra Case Manager call me outside of office hours - they might have extended their day to finish a conversation but never started one at 4am..

Now, the new Telstra chat based support, that is different - they message back at all sorts of strange times...  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
abthomp
Level 13: Super Sleuth

It's because the people in Manila either don't understand or refuse to understand that Australia has more than one timezone or that we don't all live in Sydney.

As for the prep and the evidence that only helps when you go to the ombudsman because Telstra just ignore it and you get stuck in the endless loop of them leaving messages, the Case Officer being "Unavailable" and then the inevitable "We have been unable to contact you so we're closing the complaint"

SteveW_52

That's not my own experience with Case Managers - they have been great and efficiently resolved issues for me over the last couple of years, even as recently as a month ago..  guess I got lucky..

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit