Rohan123
Level 20: Director

Telstra pay phone

Hi everyone, So while sheltering from a hail storm yesterday, In a Telstra public pay phone.

I noticed it was out of service, So because i had nothing better to do than shelter from the storm at the time.

I thought i would call Telstra via the instructions on the pay phone to record a fault.

Well, Would you believe, That the pay phone wouldn't allow me to call out because it was faulty.

So, I called on my mobile, After 35mins on hold, To report a problem that isn't mine to Telstra, I hung up!

My Maine point being, If someone actually needed that pay phone (I assume that's why it is still in service?) Even for emergency purposes. How would one try to get help.

Telstra?

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra pay phone

Hi  Rohan123, thanks for the attempts of having the pay phone reported. Can i confirm the location of where this is if possible? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Rohan123

Hi  @Veezy 

Thankyou for the reply.

This is the Payphones Identification Number 03643131x2

So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Rohan
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Rohan. 

We will see if there is a contact we can reach out to for you regarding the damaged phone. Likely will need to try again on the phone number but will come back with any updates we get. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Rohan.

We were able to get this payphone fault lodged on our end, so someone can come out and take a look at this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Rohan123

Thank you for following this up @StaceyL1  @TommyR  @Veezy 

I still think it's not to much of an ask, To have the Damaged Pay Phone Number, Answerable! 

I can't think of anyone who would wait on hold for over 30 minutes, To report a damaged pay phone.

Rohan
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Rohan123. 

I just wanted to update you, I have been able to locate an contact point internally for you and have lodged the fault for the payphone on your behalf. 

Thanks again for letting us know. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit