HelpGrandma
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to recharge Pre Paid online for Telstra WiFi Device - error message Something went wrong!

Q1. I have a Telstra Pre Paid Wife Fi device - Telstra 4GX Hotspot. Model:MF985T still a support device? If so why can't I recharge the SIM card online I use with it?

Q2. Does the Telstra online Pre Paid link have a glitch when the process reach the final stage?

Today I tried to purchase a recharge online via My Account using my credit card details. Each time, twice, the charge has gone through but the final message is "error message Something went wrong! My bank account now reflects the 2x charges & 2x refunds pending.  

I haven't used the device since Sep last year, in Jan this year,'2, I received an email stating "we wanted to remind you - to ensure you continue getting the most value from Australia's best 4G, your Pre-Paid plan will be updated to our latest Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband plan from 22 January. No need to do a thing - this will happen automatically, and your recharge will be carried over." 

I thank anyone in advance for any suggestions as I need the device for an upcoming country trip.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unable to recharge Pre Paid online for Telstra WiFi Device - error message Something went wrong!

When did your previous recharge expire?

The SIM automatically disables 6 months after the last recharge expires.

If that is the case, then you will need to get a new SIM starter kit.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
HelpGrandma
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Unable to recharge Pre Paid online for Telstra WiFi Device - error message Something went wrong!

Thank You Jupiter for your prompt helpful reply.

Yep! that's the problem! 😞  ...... Are Grandma's allowed to say #hit 😉

Have a great day & keep well & safe. Cheers

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit