Jill_v
Level 1: Cadet

Voicemail messages

I’ve been receiving those junk messages about the voicemails everyday, it’s really annoying. Anyone received these messages these days? How can I block them? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Voicemail messages

You can't block them as they come from different phone numbers each time.

Report them via https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/surveys/Report_misuse_of_service

This helps Telstra get enough information to track the source of the scams and improve the blocking of the messages at a network level.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Telstra have an informative webpage regarding those messages.

Noelos1

What’s disappointing is that I only recently posted my number from Vodafone and I never recall getting these spam messages on their network.

I also have a work mobile on Optus and have not seen spam there.

It feels like the other networks are doing a better job of sms spam filtering. 

Noelos1

That page actually more infuriating as it shows Telstra is aware of the problem and the symptom. They know the string pattern to identify spam SMS messages from Flubot but isn’t actively blocking them.

Instead it blames the victims of the spam for following the link and goes on to suggest non-techie users should just do a factory reset on their phones!?! Jeez.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit