BER-722
Level 1: Cadet

Whats app

After installing Whats app I made an international call to NZ, when my phone account came in there was a $16 charge for the call.  The billing department advised that I would always incur charges calling overseas with WhatsApp. I have unlimited data plan,  Can anyone confirm if  this is correct.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Whats app

Was the charge on your bill for a call or for data?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BER-722
Level 1: Cadet

I'm not sure I had assumed the call, maybe it was data?  Would you be charged for data if you had an unlimited plan?

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

You can look at the bill using the My Telstra app.

bek498
Support Team
Support Team

Hi there, BER-722.

You won't be charged extra for data as our new upfront plans don't have excess data charges - it will just slow your data down. However, it does depend what plan you're on. If you're on an older plan, it will charge you in increments of $10 - per gb. From what I can tell, the $16 charge is most likely going to be a call charge. You can refer to your bill as it will tell you the break down of the charge. Or please use this link to talk to one of our agents for more detailed information. https://tel.st/w346pp

-Angie

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit