killmenow1
Level 1: Cadet

Worst service ever

I have recently moved to south Hedland from Perth for work and live in a GROH property.
On 7th October I visited my local Telstra shop as basically there is no other adsl suppliers up here.
I signed up for a $90 bundle with Telstra tv and was told that my address would be checked for an active line and if one needed connecting it would be $59, all good I thought.
I then received a text stating my broadband would be turned on by 1900hrs on 11 October and that my modem etc was on route.
Happy days my modem turned up then bizarrely the remote control for the Telstra tv turned up on its own.
1900hrs on the 11th came and after plugging it all in clearly there was no phone line as there was no dialling tone.
Since then I have wasted half my life on the phone to the Philippines explaining the problem over and over , I've been back to the store who seemed as frustrated with Telstra as I am and could not assist.
I've been told it was scheduled for the 17th (never happened) and now by the 21st which I have zero faith in it actually happening .
I realise I am living in the country and I don't expect miracles but it really should not be this hard as Telstra owns the infrastructure. On a serious note, I have an elderly mum in U.K. Who doesn't do email, text , etc and I have no landline to contact her.
This is the single worst customer service experience of my 47 years

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Worst service ever

Have the support team been able to give you any information about what has caused the delay?

So there is no dial tone at all?
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit