Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

About free data

I just like to say firstly that when i talk online; all lives matter.

Since my phone is too out dated for the telstra app to gain the 20gb free data I am dissapointed it was so inflexible.

Also, I find the lack of customer service deplorable and the chat bot humiliating.

Its a pity Telstra assumes everyone is a rich person and can afford the latest phones.

I regret I cannot disconnect the services I don't want and I think thats against trade laws.

I'd love to call customer service but thats a costly and very time consuming affair. Often i can barely understand the service sales support or whatever they are foreigners.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: About free data

A call to customer service (132200) is free from a Telstra phone, but yes, is time consuming at the moment. If your phone can't run the My Telstra app, you could get the free data by filling out the form at https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/COVID-19 (today - 30th June is the last day to register).

If you want to cancel services, you can also send a message to the Telstra Facebook or Twitter accounts as they are both being monitored as well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more