gramel
Level 3: Gumshoe

ADSL UNLIMITED DATA USAGE STATS

Answered

I am trying to assess my usage habits before I change plans, I am on ADSL unlimited and for quite some time now I have NOT been able to get usage data, either historical or recent for this account.

I have tried previous suggestions of going to the dashboard and looking at the appropriate links and it is useless as can be seen on this screencap.

The 24/7 chat bot is also useless & there is literally no communication available aside from a 100km round trip to my local telstra store, frustration is the polite word to use at this point.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: ADSL UNLIMITED DATA USAGE STATS

Data usage is not measured on the unlimited plans. You will need to look at your modem logs to see how much data is being used (and if you are streaming, then you will need to increase the usage estimate significantly for NBN equivalency as the higher your speeds, the better quality the video is streamed at).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: ADSL UNLIMITED DATA USAGE STATS

Data usage is not measured on the unlimited plans. You will need to look at your modem logs to see how much data is being used (and if you are streaming, then you will need to increase the usage estimate significantly for NBN equivalency as the higher your speeds, the better quality the video is streamed at).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more