CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Free Data Streaming

Hello I recently purchased two pre-paid devices, an iPhone, and a USB WiFi device. I was thrilled to find out that Apple Music offers free streaming for Telstra devices. What I need to know is if I need to do anything I’m order to receive this free streaming. Will my devices automatically let me use my Apple Music data free? I would like to know before I start firing away and using my streaming account all day.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Apple Free Data Streaming

Fantastic alex_g_tex, hope you are enjoying these services.

Regarding Apple Music, customers who are eligible for Apple Music can claim their membership by following these steps:

-Select your Mobile service from the Plans & usage tab
-Click the Add-ons tab
-Select Add Apple Music and confirm your subscription by accepting the Terms and Conditions.

Let us know how you go.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for your reply. This is not what i was asking though. I just need to know if I can automatically stream the music without using my data. I already have an Apple Music membership .
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @alex_g_tex

If you're a Telstra mobile customer, you'll be listen to all your favourite songs, albums and playlists without tapping into your data allowance. 

Data charges apply for downloading the Apple Music app. Non-Apple radio stations and non-streaming use such as downloads, video streaming and social interaction will attract data charges. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more