Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Music using data allowance

Hello,

My mother has been streaming music through Apple Music and it is consuming her data allowance.

We first tried using the telstra 24/7 chat to resolve this. After spending a couple of hours they told us that we would have to call which we did the next night. We then spent hours on the phone before the person told us that they needed to refer to the iPhone team but they wern't in until the next day. We asked to be rung back after a certain time however they rung back before then and we couldn't take the call so we called back. After having to re-explain the problem again we have now been told that this can only be resolved through Crowd Support. Can you please assist as I am getting tired of wsting my time trying to get this sorted. It seems that every support staff we have spoken to so far did not even know that Apple Music streaming is supposed to be unmetered.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Apple Music using data allowance

That's great. We would usually refer you to them.  I will flag this with one of the moderators and see if they can help in getting you to the right area.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter.
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

I don't believe it is un-metered where did you read that?
Highlighted

Apple Music is unmetered for streaming music. It's in the FAQ https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/apple-music/understand-apple-music-data-us...

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

I would then say ring billing and refer them to that article
Highlighted

Hi GlennL,

I have already spoken on the phone and they said they couldn't do anything as the billing period has not ended. Once it is billed they said they would credit any excess data charges but that does not fix the problem. Thanks anyway for your suggestion. What I really need is someone from Telstra on here to help me out.

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more