Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Broadband Shaping Speeds

Hello,
I recently upgraded to an unlimited broadband plan, after exceeding my 200 GB data for the month and exhausting the three free top ups. I upgraded on Friday 7 June.
It is now Tuesday 11 June. I am not able to connect; modem is working perfectly fine and numerous tests conducted by Telstra representatives (both via chat and over the phone) are showing no issues.
I suspect that it may be a shaping issue, based on some similar stories I’ve seen in the crowd support forum.
How can I get this addressed when no one from Telstra is identifying that as the issue or even considering it when I bring it up? I have 9 days left on the billing cycle and I would like to have internet access during that time, rather than have it magically reinstated once the new cycle starts.
Thanks for any help or insight.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Broadband Shaping Speeds

What speed are you currently getting?
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Broadband Shaping Speeds

Hi @Julie-Incognita

Just checking back in to see how you went and if you need any further help or support?

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more