Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

COVID-19 bonus data

Where on Telstra 24x7 do I need to go to register for the free extra data due to COVID-19.  I'm logged in but cant see where to activate it

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: COVID-19 bonus data

go to https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/COVID-19

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

That site says you have to have an "active recharge of $40+" but where do I find what my active recharge is? I recharged yesterday for $60.

Highlighted

Well that would mean that your active recharge is $60.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks. Yes, you'd assume that, but it doesn't say that ANYWHERE on my account info, just $20 extra credit.

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi ACT3,

The wording "Active Recharge of $40+" means that the last recharge you put on had to be $40 or more, and the expiry date hasn't expired.

Although you already know that you last recharged $60 a few day's ago (therefore you qualify)....you can see this Recharge amount in the "Recharge History" using the 24/7 App, My Telstra App or your Telstra My Account of your Pre-Paid mobile service.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Thank you!! Weeks and tears and stress and why didn’t Telstra have that link on their site??????

Highlighted

Hi

But where/how do you actually register for the extra data??  I still don't understand?

Highlighted

Got it, all good! Sorry..Thanks!

Highlighted

Thanks so much for the link, very helpful!

Highlighted

Surprise......so they look good but annoyed ppl give up 

Highlighted

Yep....don't make it too easy for us Telstra.....that would be too considerate 

Brilliant, thank you 😊

Highlighted

Thanks so much for the link Jupiter. NO thanks Telstra for making us all go insane.  

Highlighted

Hi in response to jupiter the link says the form is unresponsive so does that mean the offer is closed? 

Highlighted

The current offer is for the Melbourne and Mitchell Shire lockdowns and needs to be applied for through the My Telstra app. If you don't see the offer, and you are eligible, then send a message through the app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen).

Highlighted

Hi. The Covid-19 form is unresponsive and my app is not working properly I suppose. The blue bubble chat on it still got the last conversation i had and it’s not even resetting or anything. Is there any new link for the form?

Highlighted

Hi Trishhh, I have recently had the same issue. If you're messaging through the app, you will always see your previous messages - in the app (unlike from the website) no matter how many times you contact them it's one ongoing message. So you can just send them another message in the same chat.

It's taken me almost 24 hours on the chat, and most of that time they've been telling me they will have to research it more and get back to me, but finally they have agreed to credit me the extra data manually on their end. Absolutely no idea why this should be so complicated, but if you are persistent you should be able to get there eventually. Good luck!

My Telstra

Keep tabs on your estimated usage with the My Telstra app.

Find out more